Do I not like that....

The Fader

Visit site
My #1 bugbear is litter on the course.

People are happy to carry a whole load of chocolate and snack bars and a full bottle of liquid but won't
put the wrappers or empties back in their bag or the nearest bin.

Then there's banana skins - yes, they are biodegradable - but it takes months if not years to happen.

And don't get me started on smoker's litter.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Long par 3's, particularly any over 190yds although 180yds is still pushing it. They are just dull, don't test shorter iron play and are lazy design.
I get your point, but they can have their place.

My home course has five par 3s, and three of them are over 200 yards (and another is 180). But as it's a short course, those par 3s are its main defence.
At least they are stroke indexes 4, 6 and 7, so us normal mortals get a shot on them. Happy to walk away with a 4 on them any time.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

My home course has five par 3s, and three of them are over 200 yards (and another is 180). But as it's a short course, those par 3s are its main defence.
At least they are stroke indexes 4, 6 and 7, so us normal mortals get a shot on them. Happy to walk away with a 4 on them any time.
If I have to hit more than a 5i on a par 3 it’s too long imo.

D

Deleted member 35504

Yes .
I have been looking to buy some with socks on they are hard to find unless you want a stupid animal character.
Asbri is the company you're looking for.

Asbri golf headcovers

I have a couple, absolutely top quality.

Edit:
On a second look it appears they sell to the trade, you could contact them and ask who stocks their headcovers near you.

2nd edit:
If you search "Leatherette golf headcover" on ebay you will find some.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

That means that I, and many others, will be taking driver on at least 16 holes, maybe 17. That's doesn't offer much variation off the tee, one of the great joys of a par 3.

Burnsey

Visit site
Yes .
I have been looking to buy some with socks on they are hard to find unless you want a stupid animal character.

I use this and they have versions for fairway woods and hybrids. I actually bought on Amazon.

RichA

Visit site
Left handed players. It just looks stupid and it's hard work knowing where to stand when they tee off. They always seem a bit strange as well.
Absolutely no reason they can't learn to play the normal way round when they first start.
If I even see one playing a shot on another hole it totally destroys my my composure.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Long par 3's, particularly any over 190yds although 180yds is still pushing it. They are just dull, don't test shorter iron play and are lazy design.

There's a course over in Solihull with a par3 at just over 100 yards, lovely little hole. Give me that over a 190 yarder any day.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
That means that I, and many others, will be taking driver on at least 16 holes, maybe 17. That's doesn't offer much variation off the tee, one of the great joys of a par 3.
The course has plenty of short par 4s where you needn't use a driver.
May well get a shot on a long par 3.
A club local to me has 2 long par 3 with si’s 2 & 6
Yes, as I said in my original post, those three 200yd+ par 3s are SI 4, 6 and 7.
It's the 180yd par 3 with SI 17 that bothers me more.