Do golfers need to read up on unconscious bias?

D

Deleted member 1147

I thought Old men were slow due to how many times they have to hide behind a tree, due to their increasingly large prostates ;)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Another thread were folk are falling out over a factual description. Why?

As stated already, we were stuck behind a senior three ball on tuesday. They were seniors end of. There golf was not slow, neither was there walking between shots.what was wrong then. Making wrong decisions re ball finding, talking to everyone, three folk walk to one ball wait for that shot then walk to the next ball. watch the ball land then discuss whats gone wrong or whatever rammel there talking about before moving on. Not keeping up with players in front. Leaving your trolley at the front of a green, chipping on to a flag at the back, leaving your trolley at the front, putt out then walk to front of green to get trolley then walk to next tee which is at the back of the green. Etc ETC Etc.
But not all seniors are like that.
Am the youngest of our four ball at 57 and we play at a good pace. We are seniors.
Guess what a two ball caught us up last week, they were flying, us four were flying. I said " we have to let them through' which we were gutted about primarily because A PP was on fire. They shouted across to us and said " don't rush were walking in". They were two women. They were the quickest women i have seen.
PS, Barry shot a 73 playing off 10 for a 63 and 45 points. highest score off the whites this year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 1156

I've sorted it out ???

Todays game was

Me - Male 67
Player 2 male - 46
Player 3 Male - 28

We all got round in the same time

Proof if proof were needed - It has to be the ladies, or Peruvians, who are slow

???
Try listening to some Peruvian pipe music, it's very relaxing. You won't care how long the round lasts after that (y)

D

Deleted member 25172

They both stood up whilst having a pee in the woods ?

Wow! Talk about uneducated to make that assumption based on what they have between their legs. I'm booking yourself in for a truly progressive course with me at H4H. You're gonna love it! ;)

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
After yesterday when a female grounds person driving the grass cutter suddenly came out of nowhere after I hit my shot on a par 3 and for a moment I thought I'd hit her, I now have a new bias. At least I had an amicable chat with her later when she told me players are always moaning at her.

This is in addition to females commonly stopping on the fairway to have a good old natter while nobody in front and holding up the whole course.

sunshine

Visit site
It is not the pace of walking that dictates the time you take but the pace of play.

Actually pace of walking can be a huge component.

I sometimes play golf with a fat bloke (sizeist!*) and he walks really slowly. He takes a normal amount of time to play his shots but if I leave the tee and walk up the fairway at my normal pace, I've left him 50 yards behind by the time I get to my ball. And then again walking to the green.

*I could have referred to the fat bloke as my playing partner, which would have been gender neutral and avoided potential offence to obese people or those with eating disorders. But the description is relevant to the issue and provides context, and the adjective is factually accurate and not used in an attempt at body shaming. I didn't mention age as it is not relevant to the context. Prices can go up as well as down. You may lose possession of your property if you do not keep up with your mortgage payments.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
And on that experience you condemn all older golfers.?

We recently followed two thirty somethings and they held us up for 9 holes, until the Halfway House, should we, therefore, suggest that younger golfers are the problem?

Of course not, it would be generalisation!

No, course he didn't . He isn't condemning anyone.

But it is a fact that, generally- there are many exceptions!- generally, seniors go round slower than young very fit players. Most fit youngsters at my club are good golfers, hitting it much further than seniors.
Simple fact of life. I would love to be the right side of 60, "I remember it well"?

D

Deleted member 1147

It’s not only physical reasons you old boys are all slow.
I wonder how many of you forget what you’re doing out there, and slow down until you’re reminded by your carers/playing partners.

As they say, old golfers don’t die, you just lose your balls!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16999

What I'm taking away from this thread is how much the Army has changed since I served.
That’s bias;) OP said he was in the Armed Forces and you are saying the Army has changed, he maybe RAF (which would explain a lot) or Royal Navy (which would explain even more). :)