Distance gains from Balls

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I disagree that you disagree Paul :D

It’s all well & good disagreeing with Pauls disagreement of your initial disagreement and observations but to disagree needs more clarity rather than a simple disagreeing of a disagreement, do you agree 🤔😳

D

Deleted member 1740

Club golfers do not hit the ball consistently enough to notice any difference.

I agree, it's hilarious watching mid to high handicap chompers blowing premium balls out of bounds and/or losing them.

I'm happy with my Dunlop loco's

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
It’s all well & good disagreeing with Pauls disagreement of your initial disagreement and observations but to disagree needs more clarity rather than a simple disagreeing of a disagreement, do you agree 🤔😳

Your dog must need a pet psychiatrist living with you :D

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My favourite ball was the Nike PD Soft. I loved the way it felt off the face of the putter and driver... stopped playing it when I was told for my swing speed I needed something firmer. Shame really, maybe I need to go back to them (if I can find any!) and see if there really is any difference?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the things to think about when comparing ball distance is the distance through the air, rather than total distance. If you take the former there is probably very little difference but if you factor in the latter there is probably lots of difference.

I remember trialling all the TopFlite Infinity range and the overall distance difference between the High Spin and the distance versions with a ball landing at the front of the green was nearly the full length of the green

D

Deleted Member 1156

Let me think about this and I'll let you know if I agree or disagree :thup:

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
I'm not very consistent with strike. My distances vary far more because of strike than because of the type of ball I use. Consequently I use lakeballs. I pay a little extra for better quality lake balls. But I'd rather save money on balls, and spend a bit more on practise/lessons to sort out consistency of strike.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My favourite ball was the old Taylormade TP black which I did think gave me a few extra yards. Probably in the head as I loved the feeling off the club face. I'd love to see someone do a subjective test and give a handicap golfer loads of different balls (markings hidden) and doing a blind test

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'm nit sure I've noticed a major difference in difference with any particular brand of ball but I have gravitated towards Callaway as I just feel comfortable with them. I'm coming to the end of my Hex Chrome and am going to play Chrome Soft this year. All balls were bought at bargain prices though. I like Pro V1 but wouldn't pay the money they ask for them.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My favourite ball was the old Taylormade TP black which I did think gave me a few extra yards. Probably in the head as I loved the feeling off the club face. I'd love to see someone do a subjective test and give a handicap golfer loads of different balls (markings hidden) and doing a blind test

I don't understand this attitude that you have to be a single figure or scratch player to tell a difference between balls. Give me 10 shots with brand a and ten with brand b and I'll quickly tell you which one
goes further, its not rocket science!