Disqualification???

BoadieBroadus

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
though i would question if irregularities with paying entry were so frequent as to necessitate such a rule, and that the committee couldn't deal with on a case by case basis.

has anyone paid by a euro? does the rule specifically state sterling must be used? or does the rule envisage a myriad of possibilities that simply never occur and does it only revoke the entry of the one guy who once a year gets the amount wrong?

does the committee have any discretion?

i'd still consider the rule as it applies above as using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. correct as it may be.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i just cant understand why youngsters are not taking up this game!!!!!!

People need to get their head from up their ass and realise its only a game. If a bloke beat me wearing a chicken suit it wouldn't bother me. nor would it id his fee was a pound short. I'd just call him a tight git

Marc Cools

Medal Winner
Visit site
People go to wedding parties wearing jeans.
Playing a round of golf in jeans? Well thàt is not done!
I would DQ the club and spend my money elsewhere.
We must look like this :
6517571565_d01510fa7c_z.jpg

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
People go to wedding parties wearing jeans.
Playing a round of golf in jeans? Well thàt is not done!
I would DQ the club and spend my money elsewhere.
We must look like this :
6517571565_d01510fa7c_z.jpg

Oh blimey!!!!! Looks like an explosion in a dulux factory

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
harsh and harsh on both accounts IMHO! people do make mistakes all the time and it could be a genuine error on the comp payout, As others have said I nice tap on the shoulders to say you owe us a £1 would of been fine.

If I was him I would pay in 5p's the next comp, but I am a bit bitter like that :)

Regarding the guy in Jeans that is just a nuts rule, why did nobody says to him "mate you are not allowed to wear them" but would have not dq him though!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What is the reason for putting money in envelopes for - is there no-one there to collect the money on the day.

It's just a new one on me.

Who supplies the envelopes?

D

Deleted member 16999

What is the reason for putting money in envelopes for - is there no-one there to collect the money on the day.

It's just a new one on me.

Who supplies the envelopes?
We have envelopes for use when pro shop shut.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Club is attached to Municipal course so pro-shop/booking office is nowt to do with us. Appreciate it's fairly unusual but let's face it a very simple system that has worked well as long as anyone can remember. Just wanted to know the correct action if the entry process is not followed as I thought the committee were wrong in what they did. End of day it's always harsh when someone falls foul of a rule by accident but most (including the guy involved here) accept that the rules are needed. It was just the action taken that was the issue.

Keeno

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Do you have to pay £3 to enter the competition or £3 to enter the sweep assosiated with the competition.

Ours are separate, playing in competitions are part of your yearly subs. You don't have to enter the £1.50 2's or the £1.50 comp.

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Do you have to pay £3 to enter the competition or £3 to enter the sweep assosiated with the competition.

Ours are separate, playing in competitions are part of your yearly subs. You don't have to enter the £1.50 2's or the £1.50 comp.

Same at my place as well. All entries for singles comps are done via swipe card as well and the 2s/sweep money are taken out of your card fund. If you've not topped up your card then you need to do so before the next comp and you won't get allocated any winnings until you've done so. I guess it's like having a £2 overdraft.

Pairs/teams fees are paid in cash when you get your scorecard so there's no way of entering without handing over the right amount and ending up like the poor bloke in the OP.

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The jeans rule is just daft. Last year me and a friend both turned up to play wearing jeans, he was told he couldn't play but I could, the only difference was he had dark blue jeans and I had black jeans. Both were made from denim and to be honest, his were in far better condition then mine.

Dress code needs looking at.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The jeans rule is just daft. Last year me and a friend both turned up to play wearing jeans, he was told he couldn't play but I could, the only difference was he had dark blue jeans and I had black jeans. Both were made from denim and to be honest, his were in far better condition then mine.

Dress code needs looking at.

Do the players in your local soccer or cricket league usually wear jeans?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

So, you decide to play in the comp but don't want to pay for either the sweep or the 2s. How do you indicate that you are entering the comp?

D

Deleted member 15344

Book a tee, turn up and tell the pro you're there, and tee off! Doesn't make sense to me to make comp fees mandatory

Um am I reading that right ?

Are you saying that you should be able to enter the comp without having to pay ?