Disqualification..Wrong Net Score???

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
OK guys going back to my original thread..I objected to our disqualification quoting the relevant rule no's and the disqualification has been cancelled and our points awarded..Since this is an ongoing winter league comp. we have now moved 4 places up the "leaderboard"..Result..So thanks to all of you for your help..
Merry Xmas and a Happy New Golfing Year to you all
Good news Joe . how did they take it ? did they seemed shocked you questioned it ? were they shocked they were totaly wrong ?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
At the end of the round cards get handed to either the H/C sec or myself and we enter them onto the system so everyone can see where they stand in the clubhouse. If a card is handed to me unsigned then I remind the competitor. Putting a card in the box after a medal round (As these are played whenever on medal day) and not being signed is totally different, a non-signed card is not a card.

In the first instance, when the card is handed to you as the committee member reponsible for accepting scorecards from competitors, you are, in effect, the box in which cards are posted in the second instance. The card cannot be recovered from the box and neither should it be recovered from you - or returned by you.

Just out of interest and as an aside, you notice that someone had submitted a card on which the competitor had entered a handicap higher than that to which he was entitled. Would you give it back to him to change?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the first instance, when the card is handed to you as the committee member reponsible for accepting scorecards from competitors, you are, in effect, the box in which cards are posted in the second instance. The card cannot be recovered from the box and neither should it be recovered from you - or returned by you.

Just out of interest and as an aside, you notice that someone had submitted a card on which the competitor had entered a handicap higher than that to which he was entitled. Would you give it back to him to change?

I agree, that is the point at which the card is handed in. I think it would be reasonable if the Committee member concerned said to every person that handed a card in - Hold on a sec, before I accept it let me check it for the basics - and point out any missing signatures etc before saying - OK, thanks, consider it handed in.

Thus the person's role is combined card-checker and card receiver.

But doing so a while later and going back to the player is obviously a different matter.

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site

Signing a card is all part of submitting your score for the comp, but hey it is easy if your are in a bit of a rush when you finish to forget about it. Putting a handicap that was higher is different in my eyes. Everyone knows their handicap or they should. Trying to submit a score after trying to nick a couple more on your handicap is cheating in my eyes.

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
We debated / agreed earlier this year in the thread about the advice i gave to a complete beginner on each and every hole if not each and every shot, in which I subsequently won the stableford competition, that in fact the masses believed i should not have been penalised, castrated, crucified, and prevented from bringing a new golfer into the fold at the expense of a "rule of golf" that we "dont have the right to question" etc etc etc

Some rules in some competitions are tosh
Some rules in some competitions are correctly absolutely sancrosanct
You dont really need a committee to write down which ones matter all the time
But for some people you do

mc73

Club Champion
Visit site
If someone tee'd up slightly in front of the tee markers what would you do?

CK

Tell him to re tee it up, it's against the rules.

All joking aside, yes i can understand where people think discretion should be used but anyone who plays golf knows that they can be dq'd for various things and most would likey accept the dq if pointed out correctly rather than an abrupt shout across the bar.

sJoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good news Joe . how did they take it ? did they seemed shocked you questioned it ? were they shocked they were totaly wrong ?

Hi..They took it well, said something along the lines of it being a miss-understanding mmmm..And are now going to go through all the card entries since mid October as this is an ongoing winter league comp..and there have been other disqualifications for the same reason. Ah well!!