Decent balls

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Duo Professional is 3 piece, unless Clubhouse has got it wrong.
My apologies - Wilson seem to imply it's a 2 piece in their ball section, and with the naming. I had initially thought that It was a replacement for the DX3 Urethane, and a 3 piece, so had looked.
Looks like they managed to confuse me.
Principle stands though - although I do accept that in general manufacturers will use more layers to fine tune their premium balls which, in turn, will generally be designed to deliver more spin with the lofted clubs.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I play off 10 and normall use a Wilson DX2. Anyways I used a Taylormade TP5 on Wednesday and the differece is noticable. Ball stop and spin was a lot better and much more receptive to decent shots. PLayed today and back to the DX2 and noticable difference.

I still begrudge paying £40 for 12 golf balls. Still can't decide what to do as really enjoyed the extra control

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Just seen AG have ProV1 and ProV1X for £35 so actually tempted to give them a try.

Anyone help me out with what the difference between the 1 and 1x is?

Jay-Marie

Medal Winner
Visit site
I trialled Mizuno MPS balls last year and found very little to chose between them and Pro V1x I almost made the switch, it was only the confidence factor the Pro V1s gave me why I didn't, that £10-£20 extra imo is worth spending if you gain more confidence when standing over the ball

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just seen AG have ProV1 and ProV1X for £35 so actually tempted to give them a try.

Anyone help me out with what the difference between the 1 and 1x is?
X will feel a bit firmer.
Other than that, at our standard, I don't think you'll see much difference between them.
Spin and flight are as much to do with how we strike the ball until you get to be really good and then you'll have a consistent strike. Then you'll see a difference.
If you prefer a softer feel ( but not "soft") then go V1 if your preference is a firmer feel then go X.