Custom fit thoughts from Today

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I think the place you talk about in the OP took the mick. You could have tried the same clubs in a big box outlet for free. I get that they charge to ensure no time wasters but if your going to charge then go the whole hog. It would have taken another 5 mins to do a DNA check and would have been par for the course to teach you a little more about the process. They could have had a cool grand from you had they just done there job.

I'd have not been happy to pay for the fitting that the OP received

I have a lot of sympathy with Pro Shops (or equivalent) who charge for this service - as long as you know beforehand and it's taken into account if you subsequently purchase. And £30 is probably about right for the time involved - especially if it includes Flightscope/Trackman/GC2 info.

There does seem to have been a 'missed opportunity' though, and a slightly better 'fitting session' could well have resulted in a sale! But that's all about the culture of the particular outlet.

OP seems to have been rather like I have been in the past - shopping about to make a decision about the correct fit - so there is certainly an element of 'time-waster' from the shop's point of view - and a waste of time from the customer's point of view if a range of shafts is not able to be tried. The likes of AG take a different view and use it as a 'Sales Opportunity', something I'm not particularly keen on!

Last edited:

farfaeforfar

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies folks.

It confirms what I felt, although if your head rules your heart when it comes to purchases walking away is the best thing IMHO. To answer one point, which is validly made at least once. Were I a time waster? I consider not, I had called them prior to the booking of the custom fitting to discuss my situation, I also emailed them explaining my situation, just back playing, no idea what kit I'd like to try but new what style of clubs I like etc. They answered the email positively but the only difference was the fitter who I seen on Saturday wasn't included on the email conversation (all 3 emails, 1 to explain, 1 reply and one thanks I've booked for Saturday reply).

Culture of the outlet, well it's Aberdeen and I'd say the small financial bubble that is there means I'm probably a harder sale than most.

Thanks for all the well thought out replies and kind offers.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies folks.

It confirms what I felt, although if your head rules your heart when it comes to purchases walking away is the best thing IMHO. To answer one point, which is validly made at least once. Were I a time waster? I consider not, I had called them prior to the booking of the custom fitting to discuss my situation, I also emailed them explaining my situation, just back playing, no idea what kit I'd like to try but new what style of clubs I like etc. They answered the email positively but the only difference was the fitter who I seen on Saturday wasn't included on the email conversation (all 3 emails, 1 to explain, 1 reply and one thanks I've booked for Saturday reply).

Culture of the outlet, well it's Aberdeen and I'd say the small financial bubble that is there means I'm probably a harder sale than most.

Thanks for all the well thought out replies and kind offers.

You can't have been a time waster, you were paying....