Decent balls

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Trusoft and DX2 are actually the ones I use. They are soft, good quality and cheap, which ticks all the boxes for me. For a while last year I played the Bridgestone e6 Soft, as I wanted a three-piece with more spin when the course was bone dry in summer - but I'm not sure I noticed enough benefit to make it worth paying £25 a box, when I can get my usual two-piece balls for £15-18 a box. If that's within your price range though, that e6 Soft is a good one to try.
Have you hit the E6 Speed ball?

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Chromesoft is a great ball, as is the Srixon Z-Star
You cant go wrong with either of these, and If you want to try something different, order yourself some Vice balls, they are a really good ball. One of the best I've used.

I would happily use any of the 3 balls I've mentioned, they suit me just fine.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
You just got to use what suits your game and what your confident with and what you think is practical price wise . I couldn’t play a dx2 they feel like a marshmallow off my putter face so I lose a lot of feel so they’re not for me .There must be loads up our club who love them though because it’s all I seem to find 😂
Personally I play standard pro v1s have done for a good few years now they’re everything I want out of a ball the only thing that lets them down is the price of them .

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Trusoft and DX2 are actually the ones I use. They are soft, good quality and cheap, which ticks all the boxes for me. For a while last year I played the Bridgestone e6 Soft, as I wanted a three-piece with more spin when the course was bone dry in summer - but I'm not sure I noticed enough benefit to make it worth paying £25 a box, when I can get my usual two-piece balls for £15-18 a box. If that's within your price range though, that e6 Soft is a good one to try.

Got a box of E6 at home waiting to be tried but I always thought they were a 2 piece

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
I really like the dx3 which is a 3 piece and plays like the NXT. Fortunately my work have supplied me pretty much an unlimited supply of DT tour softs branded with our name for free so if you fancy the dx3 I’ll do you a deal on 5 dozen. I used to bulk buy from a local independent shop but they closed hence my “overstock”

How much for the 5 dozen? Lol

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got a box of E6 at home waiting to be tried but I always thought they were a 2 piece
The E6 soft is a 3 piece ball with a core compression of around 50. It's designed as a low spin distance ball for slower swing speeds.
This is probably why Orikoru didn't see the addition spin he was looking for....(last reminder....soft compression does not equate to more spin).
If I found them I would use them in the winter, but they were pretty rare as the e6 and unless the course stocks them I won't find enough to make playing them realistic.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The E6 soft is a 3 piece ball with a core compression of around 50. It's designed as a low spin distance ball for slower swing speeds.
This is probably why Orikoru didn't see the addition spin he was looking for....(last reminder....soft compression does not equate to more spin).
If I found them I would use them in the winter, but they were pretty rare as the e6 and unless the course stocks them I won't find enough to make playing them realistic.
as you say not much spin at all , when i've used the super soft there is zero spin, thats why it goes miles and no drop in distance even on cold days.

its a great ball for slow swings and if greens are soft, i think there was a new version out this year along with a couple of other Callaway balls, ERG?? which looks like a soft Comp with an extra couple of layers to allow it to spin, but yet to try it.

i will mention again the Wilson Duo Professional, very impressed with it so far

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
a trip to nairn is what you need then, at least 6 of us using them so must be a few out on the course;)
It's a long way for a day trip but I guess I should get in the camper some time a head up that way with my clubs. A quick look on the map shows I have relatives living less than 800m S from your course as well...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It's a long way for a day trip but I guess I should get in the camper some time a head up that way with my clubs. A quick look on the map shows I have relatives living less than 800m S from your course as well...

you wouldn't be the first person to park in the car park in a CV, main reason the club got an door entry keypad this year. Kept getting guys going in and showering and stealing the towels, cheeky buggers, not even golfers:ROFLMAO:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
you wouldn't be the first person to park in the car park in a CV, main reason the club got an door entry keypad this year. Kept getting guys going in and showering and stealing the towels, cheeky buggers, not even golfers:ROFLMAO:
Probably wouldn't be, but I wouldn't do it. What would annoy me would be someone imediately charging out when I arrived in the car park with it to play golf!
However, we digress from golf balls...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well no, I was already using soft balls, but as a three-piece ball the e6 was still supposed to have slightly more spin than the two piece ones. Nothing to do with them being soft since I only use soft either way.

The Duo Professional sounds pretty good, although personally I'd like the price to come down a bit from the £28 it seems to be at the moment.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well no, I was already using soft balls, but as a three-piece ball the e6 was still supposed to have slightly more spin than the two piece ones. Nothing to do with them being soft since I only use soft either way.

The Duo Professional sounds pretty good, although personally I'd like the price to come down a bit from the £28 it seems to be at the moment.
got my last lot from local pro shop, £25

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

At the risk of repeating myself....the Duo Professional is designed to deliver higher spin rates - and is a 2 piece ball.
The E6SOFT is designed to deliver very low spin rates regardless of being a 3 piece ball.
The number of pieces isn't inherently related to the spin rates...in the same way that compression (or softness) isn't.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
At the risk of repeating myself....the Duo Professional is designed to deliver higher spin rates - and is a 2 piece ball.
The E6SOFT is designed to deliver very low spin rates regardless of being a 3 piece ball.
The number of pieces isn't inherently related to the spin rates...in the same way that compression (or softness) isn't.
Duo Professional is 3 piece, unless Clubhouse has got it wrong.