Decent balls

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Reached a point where I'm not losing many so think I might give a slightly more expensive ball a try.

Used Wilson DX2, Callaway Supersoft, and Titleist DT Trusoft previously.

Been suggested to try the Titleist Toursoft, but does anyone else have any suggestions? Not looking for pro V or tp5 type prices, probably about £30 tops, softer feel

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Wilson Duo professional, soft, long and stops fine can be had for £25 a dozen, better than any other mid priced ball i've tried

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
TaylorMade Project (a). Plays great and just below £30

I like these a lot, not sure on the new model yet though. The old Wilson DX3 Urethane was an excellent ball at a very good price. They have rebranded and changed a bit this year. I'm not sure if the Duo Professional is a diect replacement, or the old DX2 with a Urethane cover (seems most likely). the Bridgestone is a great ball, especially at the £20 a dozen touted above.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You can get any premium ball for £30 and less a dozen if you buy baulk/sale. Chromesoft available on Ebay at £26 any day of the week

albie999

Visit site
Interesting one this, as a high handicaper (24+) I had been playing Callaway Supersoft (and the occasional Pro V1 that I would find on the course), but yesterday picked up some Slazenger V300 from SportsDirect for £11 for 24 balls, and to be honest I don't think I could tell the difference really ..... is it the case that I am just not could enough to be able to worry about needing to buy premium balls?

Just wondered peoples thoughts on this

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im almost through the bag of lake balls I bought in 2013 so ready for something new.

This has been a useful thread, I just need to decide on something now.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Interesting one this, as a high handicaper (24+) I had been playing Callaway Supersoft (and the occasional Pro V1 that I would find on the course), but yesterday picked up some Slazenger V300 from SportsDirect for £11 for 24 balls, and to be honest I don't think I could tell the difference really ..... is it the case that I am just not could enough to be able to worry about needing to buy premium balls?

Just wondered peoples thoughts on this

I've never played a premium ball myself so unsure if it will make a difference or not but the only way for me to find out is to try it. I just never saw the point previously when I was losing a sleeve per round. Now it's down to one a round I feel like I might as well give it a try.

Unsure what type though as when I first started I had an awful slice and feel like 3 piece/tour balls could bring that back potentially. I'll probably see if our pro can sell me a dozen that's a mix of 4 different sleeves

mister v

Visit site
i kept playing a different ball every week due to finding so many at our course, but this year im making a real effort to lower my HCP and im sticking to the same ball all season (taylormade TPx5) i bought them from lake balls 50 for £40 for pearl grade and they've been great.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
For those who still loses balls every other shot, like me, I think it’s back to lakeballs... I guess 5 irons off the tee is too much and I might scale back to a wedge.