Darts

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the press guff said something about taking it to a London venue to enable the event to grow.

The alternative view is the BDO are yet another organisation not fit for purpose lol

That's the last thing they should have done! Looks like fans have voted with their feet.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen the painted geezer on the news without the war paint on.... apparently that's a stage persona for when he plays darts! I am sort of relieved to see that! :)
It takes his wife (hairdresser) several hours to do the make up - imagine how long the marriage would last if he wanted it done everyday.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
after the first two matches of the mens BDO world champs;, the leading players 3 dart average is 88.98,

last Wednesday, Peter Wright and MVG had 3 dart averages of 102.79 and 102.88 respectively

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
after the first two matches of the mens BDO world champs;, the leading players 3 dart average is 88.98,

last Wednesday, Peter Wright and MVG had 3 dart averages of 102.79 and 102.88 respectively

hardly apples with apples though is it, MVG only averaged 95 in the first round and plenty averaged far lower with an 85 average winning a first round match

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I am sure the averages will improve. However, whether they could really go toe to toe regularly with PDC players is a different matter. I am not sure how many have successfully made switch in recent years

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am sure the averages will improve. However, whether they could really go toe to toe regularly with PDC players is a different matter. I am not sure how many have successfully made switch in recent years

well Durrant whos won this the last 3 years has gone across and will be playing in the premier league this year

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Glen Durrant (As Above)
Krzysztof Ratajski (World number 18, won 2 PDC events)
Danny Noppert (27th in the world, last 32 in the WC and Matchplay, last 16 in the Grand Prix and Grand Slam)
Darius Labanauskas (52nd in the world, QF in the PDC worlds this year)
Jamie Hughes (moved over in 2018 - has won a PDC ranking event beating Bunting in the final as well as Whitlock, Lewis and White on the way to the final)

And before that guys like Stephen Bunting, Benito Van de Pas and Jan Dekker have successfully moved over in the last 5 or 6 years. Plenty of good players earn their stripes in the BDO.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Glen Durrant (As Above)
Krzysztof Ratajski (World number 18, won 2 PDC events)
Danny Noppert (27th in the world, last 32 in the WC and Matchplay, last 16 in the Grand Prix and Grand Slam)
Darius Labanauskas (52nd in the world, QF in the PDC worlds this year)
Jamie Hughes (moved over in 2018 - has won a PDC ranking event beating Bunting in the final as well as Whitlock, Lewis and White on the way to the final)

And before that guys like Stephen Bunting, Benito Van de Pas and Jan Dekker have successfully moved over in the last 5 or 6 years. Plenty of good players earn their stripes in the BDO.
I knew a few had come over. Durrant has made a real impact and the other four you named seem to be doing well and making progress but the likes of Bunting in particular seem to be struggling according to the 2019 record. https://www.pdc.tv/players/stephen-bunting