Darts

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't believe no one has started a thread on the World Darts Champioship that is going on right now. A monster of an event, one day I have to go to this, although I am not sure how they will treat a two pints of beer, lemonade after that please, person?

Massive news yesterday was a woman reaching the second round for the first time ever. Fallon Sherrock is the lady and be under no illusion, she won, the opponent did not lose. Up to the last set, this may have continued, her opponent had the second highest dart average of the tournament so far, she had the 3rd highest. Better than Van Gerwen, Anderson et al. Seriously high quality darts, a cracker of a match.

No reason whatsoever why women can not play darts as well as men, no physical side to it, so now the glass ceiling has been broken this may become more common.

Most impressive display of the night, or any night. The bloke giving the scores after each throw. Insane level of maths o_O. I know a lot of it is repetition but there are some major combinations happening and there is no delay in the score being given out.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I went to the WC Final at Purfleet. My Dad's cousin was playing, was a superb atmosphere in the Circus Tavern but imagine Ally Pally's a little more comfortable, and a bit less sweaty :p Was cool though sitting on the family tables next to the walkway, just a shame the result didn't go anywhere near the way we wanted it to.

Cool to see one of the ladies get over the line and win a game. Thought Suzuki was going to do it the other night, that was one hell of a comeback but just fell short, cool to see Fallon win last night.

Who are your picks to win? I think Gerwyn Price might just do it this year, in superb form. He's an absolute tool, but boy can he play darts. Between him and MvG for me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I can't believe no one has started a thread on the World Darts Champioship that is going on right now. A monster of an event, one day I have to go to this, although I am not sure how they will treat a two pints of beer, lemonade after that please, person?

Massive news yesterday was a woman reaching the second round for the first time ever. Fallon Sherrock is the lady and be under no illusion, she won, the opponent did not lose. Up to the last set, this may have continued, her opponent had the second highest dart average of the tournament so far, she had the 3rd highest. Better than Van Gerwen, Anderson et al. Seriously high quality darts, a cracker of a match.

No reason whatsoever why women can not play darts as well as men, no physical side to it, so now the glass ceiling has been broken this may become more common.

Most impressive display of the night, or any night. The bloke giving the scores after each throw. Insane level of maths o_O. I know a lot of it is repetition but there are some major combinations happening and there is no delay in the score being given out.
Watched it last night. Evetts played really well under the pressure of the superb play from Sherrock and the whole of Ally Pally against him and had chances to win. Make no mistake though Sherrock played really well and has created history. Hopefully this is the start and would be great to see more and more women taking on and beating men. Not sure how far Sherrock will go this year and have my doubts she'll beat Suljovic in the next round but hopefully she'll be back next year

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I went to the WC Final at Purfleet. My Dad's cousin was playing, was a superb atmosphere in the Circus Tavern but imagine Ally Pally's a little more comfortable, and a bit less sweaty :p Was cool though sitting on the family tables next to the walkway, just a shame the result didn't go anywhere near the way we wanted it to.

Cool to see one of the ladies get over the line and win a game. Thought Suzuki was going to do it the other night, that was one hell of a comeback but just fell short, cool to see Fallon win last night.

Who are your picks to win? I think Gerwyn Price might just do it this year, in superb form. He's an absolute tool, but boy can he play darts. Between him and MvG for me.
Have to be honest, I don't know that much about darts. I see the results on SSN, online etc but I don't go out of my way to watch it. I take more notice of this tournmament because the atmosphere is so amazing, it is an event. Listening to the pre tournament chat the two names you mention seem to be the stand out but either can get knocked out in the early stages where the format is shorter.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have to be honest, I don't know that much about darts. I see the results on SSN, online etc but I don't go out of my way to watch it. I take more notice of this tournmament because the atmosphere is so amazing, it is an event. Listening to the pre tournament chat the two names you mention seem to be the stand out but either can get knocked out in the early stages where the format is shorter.

I used to watch every tournament that was on TV but that was mainly because Peter was playing in them, nowadays my Darts watching is limited to the Worlds, the PL and then the big finals that seem interesting. I follow the results throughout the year but nowhere near as closely as I used to.

And do agree, that's already been proven with one of my other picks going out early (Michael Smith) - anything can happen in the Worlds!

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I loved Darts. Thought they made some fantastic records in the late 70s. Duke of Earl, Let's Hang On. And Den Hegarty went on to be part of the Tiswas team.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to the World Champs and one night of the Premier League fairly regularly a few years back but stopped as I started to feel that a fight was likely to break out.

Still enjoy watching it on TV though. Quality entertainment.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Absolutely love watching on TV but couldn't imagine much worse than being there. Bit too beery for me.

I'm on Anderson at 16s, thought he played very well the other night.

D

Deleted member 25172

I’m going tomorrow, looking like an absolute twit, wearing a flamingo outfit. See if I can manage to stay awake the whole night this year. Should be fun!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good to see women starting to appear..... This is one sport where there's a level playing field.... eh, corner of the pub!

Not hugely interested in the sport, but you have to admire the skill
My Wife asked me why I was late coming to bed and I told her I was looking at flights on the net, well she has been really accommodating since. Didnt even know she liked darts ?

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I usually tune in for the semis and final. Shame there isn't just one association, It has to take away from achievements just a little

I think up until Barney switched this was certainly an issue. Now the two are not even close. The BDO Champs is effectively an amateur World Champs with half a dozen pros at the top.

I cant imagine that there's anyone the PDC covet in the BDO at the mo. Maybe Scott Waites but i dont think he's the same player he was 6/7 years ago / when he won the Grand Slam.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

Well done that girl :love:, my daughter plays in a darts team. But I feel sorry for the guy she beat, he's in for a lot of ribbing :ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well done that girl :love:, my daughter plays in a darts team. But I feel sorry for the guy she beat, he's in for a lot of ribbing :ROFLMAO:
I thought that at the start of the match, what if he lost? The standard was so high however that I think he may get off quite lightly. Saying that I'm sure his phone was a bit lively straight afterwards ?