Cyprus Showdown - yes or no?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s the European Tour once again trying these gimmicks - I’m not sure what they are trying to gain from these ideas but they just don’t work.

Well I think that worked very well. Rewarded players who made two separate cuts then an exciting shootout "off scratch" on the last day giving 19 players an equal all out attack to be croqned champion.

Brilliant finish to it.

Every week - no. One off I'd argue it worked well for the viewers.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well I think that worked very well. Rewarded players who made two separate cuts then an exciting shootout "off scratch" on the last day giving 19 players an equal all out attack to be croqned champion.

Brilliant finish to it.

Every week - no. One off I'd argue it worked well for the viewers.

It worked well if you were the player that won it - as opposed to the player who had the best score across the four days

Players getting an “equal chance” on the last day by it being manufactured

Rewarded some - punished others

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
It worked well if you were the player that won it - as opposed to the player who had the best score across the four days

They all new the set up and format. Days 2 & 3 were all about ensuring you made the separate cuts.

Day four was attacking day. Therefore your argument holds no water. It wasn't a "standard" tournament.

D

Deleted member 15344

They all new the set up and format. Days 2 & 3 were all about ensuring you made the separate cuts.

Day four was attacking day. Therefore your argument holds no water. It wasn't a "standard" tournament.

It’s not an “argument” just an opinion from a different point of view

As I said if you benefited from the format then you would think it was a winner - it certainly helped someone who has struggled to cross the line using the standard format win the comp on a good back 9. Where as the lad who had the best 4 rounds lost out over a couple of holes.

Depending on what angle you come from will depend on if you think it was a success

sunshine

Visit site

No you've missed the point. Having the best score across 4 days was irrelevant, it was about making the cuts and delivering on the final day.

Harry Kane was the best scorer in the 2018 World Cup, that was no basis for winning the tournament.

D

Deleted member 1147

It required consistently good scoring.
They couldn’t get the victory, or high placing due to one or two good scores. They had to score very well everyday.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It’s not an “argument” just an opinion from a different point of view

As I said if you benefited from the format then you would think it was a winner - it certainly helped someone who has struggled to cross the line using the standard format win the comp on a good back 9. Where as the lad who had the best 4 rounds lost out over a couple of holes.

Depending on what angle you come from will depend on if you think it was a success

Paid out as far down as T64 so I think a fair few benefitted. Quite a few improved RTD placings even with the 3000 Euro the bottom players got. A big plus if you need to make cash to keep the card. Rithammer in T9 went up 25 places. Definitely not just the winner and everyone knew they had to make it to Sunday's shoot out