Cyclists really are in their own world

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would like to be able to ride no hands where appropriate! Long stretch of country road today with no cars in sight and would have been nice to sit up and ease my neck and wrists!

Oh, sorry Amanda, but cyclists should not be allowed to cycle hands free.
Motorcyclists and car drivers aren't.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ooof tonights TT was tough! shouldn't have eaten 20 minutes before starting!! LOL was much more consistent than last week on wattage, kept a nice 180-190 all the way! still not quite under the 30 mins, but a learning curve! I think LQ beat me! Although not by enough that he overtook me! LOL well done matey! See you next time!!

D

Deleted member 17920

Ooof tonights TT was tough! shouldn't have eaten 20 minutes before starting!! LOL was much more consistent than last week on wattage, kept a nice 180-190 all the way! still not quite under the 30 mins, but a learning curve! I think LQ beat me! Although not by enough that he overtook me! LOL well done matey! See you next time!!
Christ that was harder work than I thought ?

I thought I could do a 20mph average thinking it was 10 miles but then I realised it was nearly 11.

Kept a constant pace thought I would flag with 3 miles to go but held it well.
Ended up 29.15 I think so well chuffed with that. Averaged about 22mph

Defo will do that again. My FTP went up to 231w from 215 so again chuffed.

Cheers for the heads up.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The missus and I were walking down a narrow pavement yesterday. It is next to what is normally a busy road, but very quiet at the moment.

Cyclist comes out of a side street on the opposite side, goes straight across the road, then cycles towards us on the pavement. Must have been 2 foot at most from us when he passed. I shouted to him to get on the bloody road, he looked at me as if I was mad, and carried on up the pavement. Infuriating!

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Back in the day I used to cycle everywhere
On my way home from the GFs late at night along the lanes I used to zig zag between the gaps in the white lines with no hands....
Quite therapeutic....
Haha. Used to do this on the way to school. A mile with hands in pockets.
Can no longer do this or sit cross legged...

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did 20 miles over at Blanchland near Derwent Reservoir today, lovely ride with stunning views on varying surfaces from roads to farm tracks to tight heather lined moorland paths with pedal strikes galore, finished with a really long and tricky single track section which was a proper hoot.
I also managed to herd a lost lamb back into its field after it had somehow got out :LOL:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am struggling with the concept of doing 20 miles on an Ebike. Is this like 5 miles, 10 miles, I have no idea. I get that they are heavy, but then if the motor only made up fof the weight, what's the point?
It's like me saying I drove 20 miles in my car, kind of.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oh, sorry Amanda, but cyclists should not be allowed to cycle hands free.
Motorcyclists and car drivers aren't.
To be honest in the situation that Amanda describes on a straight deserted country road whether allowed or not no one will know so whether its allowed or not is utterly irrelevant.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
To be honest in the situation that Amanda describes on a straight deserted country road whether allowed or not no one will know so whether its allowed or not is utterly irrelevant.

No one will know until she wobbles and falls off, hurts herself and needs medical assistance, yeah really clever and irrelevant that, not!

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No one will know until she wobbles and falls off, hurts herself and needs medical assistance, yeah really clever and irrelevant that, not!
You can need medical attention playing football but it is not a reason not to do it . . The reason not to ride no hands is so you don't swerve into traffic . Riding no hands rarely calls falls and falls rarely require medical attention.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You can need medical attention playing football but it is not a reason not to do it . . The reason not to ride no hands is so you don't swerve into traffic . Riding no hands rarely calls falls and falls rarely require medical attention.

Is it legal?