Cyclists really are in their own world

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Friend of mine got access to a cycling forum similar to this one - yes they have Brexit and Covid-19 threads just the same as us but nowhere near as funny or educated as we is. But some of their other threads around Covid-19 are truly unbelievable.

There is one for people to post their best times for particular routes with comments about how good it is so few cars are on the road and that this should continue indefinitely.
Another one has pages critising pedestrians and "non-serious" cyclists for getting in their way.
And one more has a ton of comments slagging off the police for stopping them riding in bulk around Box Hill in Surrey so they can do the Olympic course.

They are totally on another planet to everyone else.

D

Deleted member 25172

Oh, I can already see this thread getting Fragger to work his socks (black ones, accompanied by shorts) off. Do not lure out the mighty 2-wheeled lycra warriors out of their dungeons... ???

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
i Understand that people have different tastes, hobbies, political stances and I usually place myself in the other persons shoes and see there view for a good balance. But my god for the life of me I cannot understand why you would primarily for Leisure cycle on a road.
I do enjoy shouting “terrorists” out the window to them though and I’m sure they have a good laugh at it too.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Being more of a mountain biker, roadies have never been my favourite. Likewise car and van drivers that insist of driving past you deliberately as close as they can or as my brother had, a passenger lean out a car window and punch him on the ass putting him into the gutter.
I accept there are some 2 wheel idiots, both pedal powered and engine powered but we all have to share the road, none of us own it, and a life can too easily be lost by a stupid action we think nothing of at that moment.
For the record, my normal drive is a van, and car at the weekend.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Not a cyclist but have to admit that it must be nice for those that go out to have an opportunity to perhaps breathe fresher air and have less cars around.... but to me it doesn't justify a 50K ride when the rest of us are supposed to walk twice round the block (y)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Not a cyclist but have to admit that it must be nice for those that go out to have an opportunity to perhaps breathe fresher air and have less cars around.... but to me it doesn't justify a 50K ride when the rest of us are supposed to walk twice round the block (y)

Well I did do about 4 miles round the village today on the old penny farthing ?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cycling is a great form of exercise & fortunately, I've found, most motorists are pretty accomodating in sharing use of the roads. It really is the future for local travel though the infra-structure needs to continue to improve as does the attitude of some of the general public. A brief visit to Holland would demonstrate how use of the cycle should be promoted & encouraged...... UK is miles behind in this respect. :(:(

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve got my bike back out because of the lockdown & really enjoying it. It’s not really fit for purpose, as it’s a rusty old hybrid. I’m really tempted to splash out on a decent one especially in light of the lack of golf situation.
I’m not wearing any Lycra tho?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I’ve got my bike back out because of the lockdown & really enjoying it. It’s not really fit for purpose, as it’s a rusty old hybrid. I’m really tempted to splash out on a decent one especially in light of the lack of golf situation.

Worried you wouldn't pack out the shorts?

Just asking!

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha.... you'll learn.... or walk funny.... haha

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We were out today and have never passed so many cyclists. Woman in the next village has been moaning about the additional walkers and cyclists ("you're killing the angels who protect us and a clap at 8pm every week won't absolve you!") but I hope people will find they enjoy the great outdoors as couples/families and keep that habit when this is all over.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
We were out today and have never passed so many cyclists. Woman in the next village has been moaning about the additional walkers and cyclists ("you're killing the angels who protect us and a clap at 8pm every week won't absolve you!") but I hope people will find they enjoy the great outdoors as couples/families and keep that habit when this is all over.
That’s quite a reach by the lady in the next village. She’ll put more strain on the NHS when she has her stroke !