custom fitting a new phrase for ripping golfers of

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucan

Club Champion
Visit site
after reading a glowing report of the custom fitting service offerd by silvermere golf in golf news.
my wife booked a fitting for me as a birthday present.
upon arrival at the shop i met the fitter explained what make and model club i want to be fitted for he then decided i should try two other clubs wich were both beyond my budget.
then we went to the fitting room to hit some very tatty worn out range balls only to find the trackman was not working.
we then went out to the temporary driving range ten foot in front of the exsisting range witch is been rebuilt where some temp mats have been thrown down on the wet ground.
after hitting about 20 balls in to the wind with the three chosen clubs the fitter agreed the club i asked to be fitted for was the most suitable.
then came the exstensive fitting he took a mesurement of wrist to floor.
fitting complete i need r flex 1/2 inch longer standard length standard grip.
my current clubs are 1 inch longer 3 degrees upright with midsize grips .
they could not understand after paying 40 pound for this joke of a fitting i do not want to give them another 550 pound for a set of totaly unsuitable clubs.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
after reading a glowing report of the custom fitting service offerd by silvermere golf in golf news.
my wife booked a fitting for me as a birthday present.
upon arrival at the shop i met the fitter explained what make and model club i want to be fitted for he then decided i should try two other clubs wich were both beyond my budget.
then we went to the fitting room to hit some very tatty worn out range balls only to find the trackman was not working.
we then went out to the temporary driving range ten foot in front of the exsisting range witch is been rebuilt where some temp mats have been thrown down on the wet ground.
after hitting about 20 balls in to the wind with the three chosen clubs the fitter agreed the club i asked to be fitted for was the most suitable.
then came the exstensive fitting he took a mesurement of wrist to floor.
fitting complete i need r flex 1/2 inch longer standard length standard grip.
my current clubs are 1 inch longer 3 degrees upright with midsize grips .
they could not understand after paying 40 pound for this joke of a fitting i do not want to give them another 550 pound for a set of totaly unsuitable clubs.

Sounds great, where so I sign up ;)

If I were you, I'd be demanding it be done again when they have the facilities to do it properly.

D

Deleted member 15344

Wouldnt give them any money as its clear that its not a custom fit

But i wouldnt judge CF on one experience so think the title of the thread is wrong

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well i was never a believer of CF to be honest until i was lucky to win one , Graeme at Titleist in Kingsacre in Edinburgh was briliant , no measuring of wrist to floor or anything ..

Hit a few( pro v's) with my own clubs on trackman telling him if they were my normal kind of strike or better or worse etc
got choice of heads on same standard shaft set up as i already had , checked stats

tried different strength shafts , then different lengths , then used tape on the heads & the sole to see the strike pattern ..
then grip sizing and finally grip type (some choice of grips i tell ya )

I was amazed by it all and felt id learned about my swing during it .. i think you may just have had a bad experience , or maybe i was just verrrrrry lucky with who i got , dont judge all by the guy you got tho

P.s id be going back to them and asking for a different fitter with use of a track man

Last edited:

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its like any service we buy into, there is always going to be good and bad. Shame the fitter did not work out things where not acceptable and ask you to come back another time.

coxyripit

Visit site
Custom fitted clubs have totally changed my game to be honest. I was too powerful for my old standard flex Callaway Big Bertha Irons and got a Mizuno DNA fit and love my new irons. I hit my irons ridiculously high so the Projext X shafts bring the ball flight down quite a bit. CF is a great tool.... but it has to be done properly!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you were ripped off.

If I went to a CF and the Trackman/Flight Scope was not working I would be out of there like a shot. If you go to an independent fitter make sure that they have a good reputation beforehand. If not, decide on the make of clubs that you want and then go to that manufacturer. They have a reputation to maintain so will not try to rip you off. Also, buy their clubs and they will usually waive the fitting fee. You will be surprised at the outcome of a proper custom fit as nobody swings it the same.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I don't agree with the title of the thread.

Me neither, it's off, not of ;)

Sounds like you had a half arsed static fitting that could be done by anyone, the club manufacturers web sites do them as well I think.

Don't judge all of them by that and if that is truthfully what happened then I would not have paid a penny for it.

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
custom fits ive been to have a lot more to them, strike boards/ tape, track man , height and wrist to ground measurements, i even had my hand span measured to determine grip and tape layers.

you had a bad experience by the sounds of it, better get your money back, go to somewhere more reputable

nemicu

Head Pro
Visit site
Put this down to a bad experience, it is not typical of C/F.
+1
However, the customer has to present a certain amount of common sense too. If it's blowing a gale, the facilities look tatty and the fitting process looks wrong, then it's a pretty safe bet that you're not going to be satisfied. You have the opportunity to say no and ask for your money back before the (alleged) fitting process starts. If you were under the illusion that this could be the best fitting session you've ever dreamed of, then I have little sympathy for your disappointment. Did you buy some magic beans while you were there too?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would be complaining in no uncertain terms. That is not a custom fit and not the sort of service I'd expect. You were ripped off. That said I am not a fan of Silvermere in general. It is always over priced and customer service in the shop leaves a lot to be desired

Terry Sims

Visit site
Good evening Sir. As a Director and Shareholder of all the retail operations at Silvermere and PGA professional for 25 years i was extremely dissapointed and concerned to read your post on the Fitting Experience you have received. This standard of service you received as mentioned in a number of replies to this post is not satisfactory and something i would like the opportunity to answer and also resolve both physically and financially. We currently use Pro V1 balls in our indoor studio and a new GC2HMT proven to be the most superior indoor launch monitor system. If you have not received this service i want to resolve this straight away and refund your fitting fee and find out when and who assisted you during this experience so we can share this feedback. On a positive note we perform in excess of 75 fits a week both right and left handed and receive great feedback almost all of the time, have done for over 20 years and continue to do so. We are as you mention in the process of building with a significant investment, a new 2 tier 52 bay driving range, hence our indoor and outdoor facilities, but this should not of affected your experience. I would be delighted to offer you a fit at any time in our new facilities which will be second to none. Please feel free to contact me directly on my personal mobile number 07801 289163 and give me the opportunity to mend what you clearly state has been short of the required standards. Regards Terry Sims Director Silvermere

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good evening Sir. As a Director and Shareholder of all the retail operations at Silvermere and PGA professional for 25 years i was extremely dissapointed and concerned to read your post on the Fitting Experience you have received. This standard of service you received as mentioned in a number of replies to this post is not satisfactory and something i would like the opportunity to answer and also resolve both physically and financially. We currently use Pro V1 balls in our indoor studio and a new GC2HMT proven to be the most superior indoor launch monitor system. If you have not received this service i want to resolve this straight away and refund your fitting fee and find out when and who assisted you during this experience so we can share this feedback. On a positive note we perform in excess of 75 fits a week both right and left handed and receive great feedback almost all of the time, have done for over 20 years and continue to do so. We are as you mention in the process of building with a significant investment, a new 2 tier 52 bay driving range, hence our indoor and outdoor facilities, but this should not of affected your experience. I would be delighted to offer you a fit at any time in our new facilities which will be second to none. Please feel free to contact me directly on my personal mobile number 07801 289163 and give me the opportunity to mend what you clearly state has been short of the required standards. Regards Terry Sims Director Silvermere

Quality reply Terry fair play to you its not right to judge people on the mistakes they make but on how they handle & rectify it afterwards , i hope your response gets you even more custom from people reading ..

10/10 well done

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Spot on reply there - fair play Terry :thup:

+1 from me!

Disappointing that this sort of thing happens, but excellent response.

I've always found Silvermere to be very progressive. Can't say I've ever bought anything there at full price, but plenty in their Sales!

Good to see the range is being upgraded.

The course, a separate concern I believe, is also quite good - certainly several memorable holes!

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
a fair reply but, personally, once I have had a bad experience it would take a hell of a lot to rectify if I were to give them the opportunity in the 1st place.

Hopefully the op can have it sorted and post back afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.