Custom Fitting Issue

Lumbojack33

Visit site
Hi - new member in search of some advice if possible.

Not long received new set of custom fitted irons - first new set in 10 years.
At the fitting it was deemed that my current irons are too short for myself (I’m quite tall) - and the fitter went for +1.5 inches above standard. My old clubs were also longer than standard but unsure by how much.

My new 4, 5 and 6 irons are shorter in length than my old equivalent clubs. The 7 iron is same length - and then 8 - PW are all gradually longer.

The new 4 iron is half inch shorter and the new PW is half inch longer. All a bit strange but the issue is the 4 - 6 iron are too short and not fit for purpose.

Im not really sure where I stand with this. I have been in to speak with the staff - they didn’t really know what to do and tried to tell me that they fit me off a 7 iron and the rest is unknown.

I get the feeling they are going to fob me off. But have asked me to come in for a session with them - I will attend but want to know what rights I have before going in.

Does anyone know what consumer rights I have in this situation? Or how to proceed? Many thanks

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Might help if you told us the club brands and models of your old clubs and the new ones. They might simply be stepped differently. Albeit quite a lot differently, lol.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Are your old irons evenly graduated in length..?
And are the new ones even too....
Should be about 1/2 inch between each club

Springveldt

Visit site
Yeah old ones evenly stepped and so are new ones.
Callaway Apex Pro new ones. Taylormade Rocketbladez old ones

Looking at the specs of the clubs it would seem nothing is amiss. The Rocketbladez are longer from 3 to 6, 7-9 are the same length, then the Callaway is longer in the PW due to the Rocketbladez having a 1/2 inch drop from 9 to PW while Callaway only has a 1/4 inch.

Lumbojack33

Visit site

Looking at the specs of the clubs it would seem nothing is amiss. The Rocketbladez are longer from 3 to 6, 7-9 are the same length, then the Callaway is longer in the PW due to the Rocketbladez having a 1/2 inch drop from 9 to PW while Callaway only has a 1/4

Thanks for this - makes sense. But it still leaves me with 4 - 6 iron that’s not long enough for me. Any ideas where I stand re that?

I’m 6’ 6” tall - shouldn’t be cutting the size of my irons - especially when I was told in fitting I needed to lengthen them!