custom fitting a new phrase for ripping golfers of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Fair play for the response, if a little brave, giving your personal mobile number out on the internet ;)

Hope the OP gets it sorted out and both parties are happy.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Anyone who goes public with this kind of criticism without first giving the retailer an opportunity to put things right is very foolish in my view. You have seen from the response from the director of Silvermere how seriously they take allegations of below par customer service. How much better would it have been to bring this up privately and only aired it in public if you didn't get a satisfactory response. Retailers in this situation are on a hiding to nothing and I am impressed with the way they have reacted.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good evening Sir. As a Director and Shareholder of all the retail operations at Silvermere and PGA professional for 25 years i was extremely dissapointed and concerned to read your post on the Fitting Experience you have received. This standard of service you received as mentioned in a number of replies to this post is not satisfactory and something i would like the opportunity to answer and also resolve both physically and financially. We currently use Pro V1 balls in our indoor studio and a new GC2HMT proven to be the most superior indoor launch monitor system. If you have not received this service i want to resolve this straight away and refund your fitting fee and find out when and who assisted you during this experience so we can share this feedback. On a positive note we perform in excess of 75 fits a week both right and left handed and receive great feedback almost all of the time, have done for over 20 years and continue to do so. We are as you mention in the process of building with a significant investment, a new 2 tier 52 bay driving range, hence our indoor and outdoor facilities, but this should not of affected your experience. I would be delighted to offer you a fit at any time in our new facilities which will be second to none. Please feel free to contact me directly on my personal mobile number 07801 289163 and give me the opportunity to mend what you clearly state has been short of the required standards. Regards Terry Sims Director Silvermere

Top response that and fair play. Hope the Op gets the fitting experience he expected and reports back with a far better view of C/F.

welcome to the madhouse terry hope you stick around and join in the fun.

nemicu

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone who goes public with this kind of criticism without first giving the retailer an opportunity to put things right is very foolish in my view. You have seen from the response from the director of Silvermere how seriously they take allegations of below par customer service. How much better would it have been to bring this up privately and only aired it in public if you didn't get a satisfactory response. Retailers in this situation are on a hiding to nothing and I am impressed with the way they have reacted.

It's a two way argument. Why not give that level of service at first point of contact? Why does someone have to complain to get the kind of service they deserve? If the OP had not complained, would the outcome be any different? Would they be likely to recommend them in the future? It's easy to provide a solution with two bites of the cherry so to speak, but the best service (in whatever field) is usually the result of someone going the extra mile and getting it right first time. ​All in all though, I'm glad the fitting looks to be resolved in a positive manner - so kudos to Silvermere for that. Perhaps a learning experience for both parties?

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
If the OP had not complained, would the outcome be any different?

Pretty sure the answer to this is "yes"

A couple of years ago I bought a car from a car trader. After one week I had a serious, expensive clutch problem & it was debatable whether it would be covered by the warranty. The trader got it fixed within a week. I'm more likely to recommend him now than before. customer service is fine when everything goes well, it's how they handle it when anything goes wrong that's important and, in this case, I think the response has been first class.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site

I agree with the way they reacted has been excellent, but I would argue that they are on a hiding to nothing. All social media has done is give a bit of power back to the consumer and I am sure some retailers must hate it. But in this case I'd say if the OP gave a true and accurate reflection of what happened (and I am not casting any doubt but there are always 2 sides of a story and we have only heard one side) it was not just a below par performance which does happen, but a complete rip off and something that does golf no favours at all.

If someone has messed something up a bit then as we know, stuff happens. No need to tell everyone and no biggie. But if I received the same service as the OP did then to be honest if I would have probably done the same.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had one in 2012 and it was top notch. The pro that did it was jason Banting and I would highly recommend him and silvermere.

The new facilities are now open but I haven't been there since.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
The OP went very quiet, didn't he. With a forum name like "lucan" perhaps he's done a vanishing act!
It appears it has been his last post to date anyhow , just checked and he hasnt posted anything since

Bit unfair to the company that , especially after the BossMan replied to him and offered to correct it

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Well i was never a believer of CF to be honest until i was lucky to win one , Graeme at Titleist in Kingsacre in Edinburgh was briliant , no measuring of wrist to floor or anything ..

Hit a few( pro v's) with my own clubs on trackman telling him if they were my normal kind of strike or better or worse etc
got choice of heads on same standard shaft set up as i already had , checked stats

tried different strength shafts , then different lengths , then used tape on the heads & the sole to see the strike pattern ..
then grip sizing and finally grip type (some choice of grips i tell ya )

I was amazed by it all and felt id learned about my swing during it .. i think you may just have had a bad experience , or maybe i was just verrrrrry lucky with who i got , dont judge all by the guy you got tho

P.s id be going back to them and asking for a different fitter with use of a track man
havent seen anyone who's won a CF and a complete set of expensive clubs free say any different:whistle:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It appears it has been his last post to date anyhow , just checked and he hasnt posted anything since

Bit unfair to the company that , especially after the BossMan replied to him and offered to correct it
more accurately he hasn't logged into the site since 2 minutes after posting :( suggests an agenda but a shame either way

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I assume whats happened is that the OP posted his gripe on here and then informed Silvermere of his experience and that he had slated them on here. That would explain how they knew the post was on here to be able to reply 7 hours later.

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
Fair play to silvermere

An indication of power on the internet and this forum

I'm not a great fan of complaints over this medium - it's a bit like being hung out to dry without being given a chance to reply

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
havent seen anyone who's won a CF and a complete set of expensive clubs free say any different:whistle:

As most know on here Id be the the first to say if it wasnt all that ,

never mind the free clubs the information i got about my ball striking etc ,

to see the hits on the impact tape at the start and to then see the changes to the position of the hits on the impact tape as the adjustments were made was amazing ,

To see the spin rate on the ball changing and the ball flight changing as the adjustments are made is an eye opening experience .

To realise you were using the wrong shafts & wrong size grips is worth finding out , if ya never got anything free

Status
Not open for further replies.