Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do higher handicaps not onLY account for a small percentage of the CSS,
For example
Cat 1-40%
Cat 2 - 30%
Cat 3 - 20%
Cat 4-10%

Is that wrong?, I thought that cat 4 golfers didn't actually get taken into consideration for CSS.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
how do you work out 6? you get a two shot buffer so if its a par 70 SSS 68, so 70 net is to handicap.. if the course was hard it would reflect that in the CSS and it would rise all the time if it was tough and the club could get the SSS re rated?
Apologies i thought par 72 sss of 70 the course was rated as 2 shots easier that its par .. i know i have to play to 5 to get cut 95% of the time , i cant do that very often

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
how do you work out 6? you get a two shot buffer so if its a par 70 SSS 68, so 70 net is to handicap.. if the course was hard it would reflect that in the CSS and it would rise all the time if it was tough and the club could get the SSS re rated?

To guarantee no upward movement (a reasonable definition of 'playing to handicap') on a course where SSS is 2 under Par, an 8-capper would have to score 7 over - as CSS could go to 3 under. Playing 7 over (or 1 under handicap for any Cat 2 player) might also earn a cut - where CSS becomes SSS + 2 or more!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Apologies i thought par 72 sss of 70 the course was rated as 2 shots easier that its par .. i know i have to play to 5 to get cut 95% of the time , i cant do that very often

if you were playing to five you would have to shoot a net 69, to play to handicap which you don't. sure you have to shoot under the sss to get a cut but that's the case at any course.

to say you have to shoot under your handicap to play to it just isn't true.

TomTom

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Do higher handicaps not onLY account for a small percentage of the CSS,
For example
Cat 1-40%
Cat 2 - 30%
Cat 3 - 20%
Cat 4-10%

Is that wrong?, I thought that cat 4 golfers didn't actually get taken into consideration for CSS.

60%?