Crow Damage

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think we have to take it as read that golf courses are acting within the law, unless there is evidence to the contrary.

Assumptions are being made here, and accusations being banded around based on here say & conjecture ,

Golf courses are a haven for wildlife

Are you suggesting that some golf clubs are not acting within the law then if you have to post such a statement?

greenone

Visit site
It's illegal to not control rabbits on your property. I have shot over 100 this year on my land. Bloody things have taken about 30% of the trees I have planted in last 18 months. I have no problem with native wildlife but invasive species should be controlled.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's illegal to not control rabbits on your property. I have shot over 100 this year on my land. Bloody things have taken about 30% of the trees I have planted in last 18 months. I have no problem with native wildlife but invasive species should be controlled.

So crows and foxes should be left alone. I agree

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Badger Sets have ruined many new golf course planning applications.
One that I got asked to advise the Local Council on was a dreadful shame. It was a wonderful development, unfortunately the badgers set area was key to the whole plan.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
One of our swindle hit his tee shot from our 8th into a tree - a loud squeal and this squirrel feel to the ground brown bread - ?? it took a while until we all stopped wetting ourselves.

I killed a seagull the other week. He was really unlucky as it was the only time I hit one down the fairway

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Some clubs get very badly damaged by badgers - we had a summer where they ripped apart a good deal amount of the golf course and it lasted a lot longer than a couple of weeks - we lost a significant amount of income because of them with societies cancelling due to the state of the course. Thankfully they haven’t returned but hopefully someone can find a way to get rid of them.

Do see a lot more being run over these days so I’m not sure if they are being bred somewhere. Shame Buzzards and Kites don’t attack them

Austin lodge in Kent had to close as badgers ripped the course apart

sunshine

Visit site
I played at Harewood Downs a couple of months ago and it was infested with daddy long legs. Walking through the rough I kicked up a cloud of them. Literally millions swarming all over the course, never seen anything like it.

Maybe a bit of crow damage is preferable to this?