Crossfield again

jpjeffery

Assistant Pro
learnergolfer.wordpress.com
I like Crossfield because I like the way he and the group convey the fun they're having. I also like him for the challenging of golf cliches (lag, putts going towards water, TV pundits analysing/comparing one player's golf swing from competition footage).

I don't like him because of the way he keeps saying "of" instead of "have", and his liberal misuse of "literally". :)

And yes, sometimes I wish he'd talk less. He can be very over-sensitive when people disagree with him online, to the point of hypocrisy. A good example of this was when he recorded his phone interview with the Daily Mail and kept talking over the interviewer when she was asking him something, but got upset when the same thing happened in reverse.

Still, I do enjoy his videos over all. And much prefer him to the matching-costume boys, and to Shiels and Finch. I don't hate them, but those four are a bit dull (though I do quite like Finch).

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I think he went down the wrong path with club sponsorship and focusing more on vlogging rather than actually concentrating on reviews etc. Its cost him subscriber numbers and potential more mainstream opportunities. He's a very opinionated character who cant be seen to be wrong most of the time and it can make him look a bit of a knob at times.
He is in my opinion probably the best coach and more interesting character on YouTube but the only videos of his I tend to watch are the titleist tour ones. I find course blogs pretty boring and honestly don't see why anybody would watch them.
Rick Shiels doesn't really come across as much of a golf coach and his knowledge about the game does seem pretty basic and very average for a teaching pro,he mainly focuses on click bait and giveaways for likes and views. Seems to have worked for him but he is a bit of a yes man and not a particularly interesting or charismatic person. Erik Anders Lang is probably as good as a YouTube golf blogger is going to get

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I didn't know about these Daily Mail phone calls, so I just watched the video. Now we all know what the Mail are like but Crossfield doesn't come across well. He constantly interrupted and spoke over the two ladies he was speaking to, and then lost it at one point when he was interrupted.

Watching all that, I just wondered what his sponsors thought of it all. If I had him representing my brand, I wouldn't be impressed.

User20204

Visit site
Watching all that, I just wondered what his sponsors thought of it all. If I had him representing my brand, I wouldn't be impressed.

But his sponsors knew what he was like before they got on board, none of his behaviour would or should be a surprise to them, he is very up front about his opinions, like it or not and if you don't then they won't be the ones who sponsor him.

D

Deleted member 18121

I didn't know about these Daily Mail phone calls, so I just watched the video. Now we all know what the Mail are like but Crossfield doesn't come across well. He constantly interrupted and spoke over the two ladies he was speaking to, and then lost it at one point when he was interrupted.

Do you have a link? I can't find it on YouTube

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site

By the way, the journalists weren't saints. I was just surprised that Crossfield filmed himself, watched it back and thought that sharing the video would be a good thing...

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

By the way, the journalists weren't saints. I was just surprised that Crossfield filmed himself, watched it back and thought that sharing the video would be a good thing...
I remember when this was released. This was when media distributors were his target. He thinks of himself as some sort of messiah and I don’t think he’ll have even contemplated a downside to this video.

User20204

Visit site
Stopped watching half way through. No idea what the conversation is about, however, I would probably respond in the same way if my questions weren't being answered with direct answers.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Anyone follow him on twitter? He’s worse. Constantly uses twitter to have a moan and get support from his fans to feel better. He is a man child.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Anyone follow him on twitter? He’s worse. Constantly uses twitter to have a moan and get support from his fans to feel better. He is a man child.
Can't follow him on social media as its a source of constant irritation. He reminds me of Jeremy Kyle and everything has to have an angle and be turned into a argument especially when the consensus disagrees to the point where he resorts to peer group pressure, cliche, put downs and making a noise to get his opinion validated. I do find his teaching ideas very good and wish he'd focus on these rather than the on course vlogs where he's a petulant brat when it is going well and needs constant ego massaging when he is playing ok

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This video is about a year old. If I remember rightly it followed a twitter poll I think about seniors and it caused a bit of a stir hence why the press got involved.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site

If I had to guess I'd say that video was edited by the D@%*y M£%l as it showed him being a Grade A A-hole the girls on the phone never sounded angry or shouted over they just sounded exasperated that every time they opened their mouth he spat his dummy out.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
To be honest the full conversation wasnt shown, hes obviously asked some questions etc and hasn't received any answers and still is being palmed off without any. It doesn't matter how polite they sound. If they are avoiding answering any questions he might have why the heck should he have bothered giving them an interview or whatever when clearly the will skew any answers he gives and try and steer peoples opinions a certain way without stating all the facts about the situation. Really dont think he did anything most normal people wouldn't have done

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
To be honest the full conversation wasnt shown, hes obviously asked some questions etc and hasn't received any answers and still is being palmed off without any. It doesn't matter how polite they sound. If they are avoiding answering any questions he might have why the heck should he have bothered giving them an interview or whatever when clearly the will skew any answers he gives and try and steer peoples opinions a certain way without stating all the facts about the situation. Really dont think he did anything most normal people wouldn't have done
He talked over them again and again. One of them talked over him once and he lost it, genuinely looking and sounding like a toddler. I think most adults aren't so childish, but the weirdest bit by far was that he recorded it all, edited it, and thought that what he released put him in a good light.

And it also shouldn't be forgotten that this all started out from him trying to be clever, and putting out an attention seeking Twitter poll which he didn't explain at all and on the surface, looked questionable to say the least.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
He talked over them again and again. One of them talked over him once and he lost it, genuinely looking and sounding like a toddler. I think most adults aren't so childish, but the weirdest bit by far was that he recorded it all, edited it, and thought that what he released put him in a good light.

And it also shouldn't be forgotten that this all started out from him trying to be clever, and putting out an attention seeking Twitter poll which he didn't explain at all and on the surface, looked questionable to say the least.
I dont think he lost it, I think he had genuinely asked questions via e-mail and hadn't received any response or any response that was satisfactory yet they were contacting him to get an interview when they hadn't bothered to answer his questions. Typical journalists in all honesty, I wouldn't have entertained them either