Cross Border Memberships

bryanconnell35

Visit site
I am a full member at a club in England, and have just joined as a country member of a club in Scotland as my parents live there so I’m up fairly regularly. So far neither club seems to know how to get my existing England Golf handicap record to communicate with my new membership in Scotland (I can access HowDidiDo but it won’t communicate with my home club as we use IG not HDiD).

Has anyone come across this issue before and if so how was it solved?

Thanks

wjemather

Visit site
Your Scottish club needs to add you as a member on the handicap system by using your English CDH number in order to link the records. Any problems with this should be reported to the relevant union support facility.

Club software (IG, CkubV1/HowDidiDo, Golf Genius, etc.) is entirely separate and cannot be linked.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I am a full member at a club in England, and have just joined as a country member of a club in Scotland as my parents live there so I’m up fairly regularly. So far neither club seems to know how to get my existing England Golf handicap record to communicate with my new membership in Scotland (I can access HowDidiDo but it won’t communicate with my home club as we use IG not HDiD).

Has anyone come across this issue before and if so how was it solved?

Thanks
When playing in Scotland you'll need to send a copy of your scorecard to your home club so they can update the records on the English VMS system (not IG), you should be tracking your handicap on the English Golf App which is the record keeper for your handicap.

Unfortunately for your Scottish club, you're going to have to send them a copy of your scorecard every time you play elsewhere which presumably will be much more often, so that they can keep your handicap the same. Download the Scottish Golf App so that you can keep track that they are both aligned. The two Apps are essentially the same, and are where your handicap record is stored and shown.

Just had a P.S., you'll need to give your Scottish CLub your last 20 scores so that they can be input to align with your English handicap.

wjemather

Visit site
When playing in Scotland you'll need to send a copy of your scorecard to your home club so they can update the records on the English VMS system (not IG), you should be tracking your handicap on the English Golf App which is the record keeper for your handicap.

Unfortunately for your Scottish club, you're going to have to send them a copy of your scorecard every time you play elsewhere which presumably will be much more often, so that they can keep your handicap the same. Download the Scottish Golf App so that you can keep track that they are both aligned. The two Apps are essentially the same, and are where your handicap record is stored and shown.

Just had a P.S., you'll need to give your Scottish CLub your last 20 scores so that they can be input to align with your English handicap.
There is no longer the need for any of this within GB&I. The databases are now linked.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I recently had another moan, this time to golfrsa, about them explicitly specifying that "swallows" should submit a year's scores to the handicap system but the HNA handicap system doesn't accept foreign 9 hole scores. Got passed on to HNA to be told that they had recently updated to allow foreign 9 holes but only in the 'phone app, not the website. I've never looked at the app. to enter scores. Wish they had publicised it before I had 40 scores, plus those from the T&S, to input.