Crazy Par stories

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Straight off the tee, middle of the fairway, middle of the green, two putts for a four and a par, thank you very much.

Almost never happens and feels completely crazy when it does. :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Par 4, creamed the drive straight down the middle. Only 7 iron into the green. Completely pulled it into trees 30 yards from the green.. found it.. managed to hack it out to Just off the fridge. 8 iron little bump and run hit the flag and dropped

My fav tho

Par 5, completely hacking it up.. 150 yards out .. greensman steps off green waved me to play. 5th shot.. hit it lovely onto green. Tracked into the hole. He clapped .. when I got up he was like wow eagle or something? I went red and said actually a par but never mind looked good

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
my favourite was at Centurion about 3 or 4 years ago. Playing with Rick G, we had just done 18 with a couple of others and then after a lunchtime sharpener we went out again in a buggy for a matchplay. First hole, i nailed one. Left about 190 in and hit it almost sideways left into the trees and 3-foot high ferns. Found it, 30 yards or so forward and still in the ferns. Maybe 120 to go with all ferns and trees in the way and then a bunker to go over in the off chance i got through! Rick took a picture of this and brought it up several times. 9 iron through all the trees, over the bunker to 6 foot and a nice par for 1 up!!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The very first time that I got on a par 5 in 2. Going for my first eagle I raced the putt miles past the hole and had a 3 putt par:(

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hole 5 at St Andrews, a par 5. Stuck my first drive into goarse bush, lost ball. Three off the tee, left of fairway. Fourth shot a long three wood just shy of green on left. Mahoooosive putt from the next county, downs the putt for a par.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last week my PP thins one out of the green side bunker on the par 3 15th, the ball flies straight though green heading for OB. On the boundary it hits a tree bounces straight back 20 yds back onto the green, he then sinks a 25ft putt for the 3.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My standard is a topped tee shot. Layup second, pitch close and make par. Seem to do those on a regular basis!

I’ve also done the two bunkers and still made par a few times too.

I’ve only played about 7 full rounds this year but I’ve had at least thee of the first and at least one of the second. I really need to sort my tee game!

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Last spring, first championship qualifier at Dunbar. 6th hole, cut my tee shot and it looked like going out of bounds over the wall but one of my playing partners thought it hit the wall. It was a little misty so I played a provisional ball. Walked up to find my original ball, skinned it low into the river running short of the green, but somehow it bounced up and just made it over. Chipped up and sank the putt for a par that had 6/7/8 written all over it.

D

Deleted member 1418

Playing with my dad on holiday in Mijas years ago, he's last to play and duck hooks his tee shot on a par 3 into a pond on the right of a hole. Before I have chance to say he can take a drop by the pond, he throws a ball down in disgust on the tee, drops a couple of 'f-bombs ......and then proceeds to hole out for a par!! Best par I've ever seen!! 😂