Course Record

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in front of a +2 capper in Club Champs a few years ago.
we noticed he was stiffing everything.
cards in he shot 65 gross -7 on a course set up very difficult.
beat the old 68 by a bit.
that’s fantastic golf.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Our Course Rating is 70.8 (par 70)

Course record 63

In 1995 we completed the construction of two new holes on purchased land and got rid of two that were on council land that we had rented.
Hence we had a new course and card.
First individual comp I putted out for a 72 (2 over) and held the course record for about a minute and a half until one of my playing partners putted out for a 71. :geek:
Mind you, I suppose there were a few course record holders before me on that day. :rolleyes:

My personal best 67, done on two occasions, both on weekday medals a few years apart. Course record was 64 during those years.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Our course record is 66, just -4 on par 70. I’m kind of surprised it’s not lower.
Whats yours?

If memory serves me correctly it is exactly the same...66 on a par 70

I know of someone who claims to have shot a 63 in a pro-am many many moons ago...but no one at the club knows anything about it including folks who have been members since the place opened in the early 90's

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
62 on par 72
In fairness its set by a European tour player 2 months ago and he didn't get close to it for the next three days

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our course record is 66, just -4 on par 70. I’m kind of surprised it’s not lower.
Whats yours?

65 , par 72 , 7122 yards 74.2 CR

IMG-20230110-WA0025.jpg

Now I didn't realise who hit the score until I started having lessons with this guy at a diff club from mine lol small world

Cracking player

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
68 - par 72.

It was set by a junior member back in the summer, who then repeated the score a few weeks later, just to prove it was no fluke.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours is either 9 or 10 under par (par 71) set by an ex-pro in the Dorset County Amateur championship a few years ago.

Ours is a relatively short course by pro standards. Even personally I once had a round with 8 birdies in it.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
For years it was 63, Steve Richardson,six under, then Andy Sullivan as an amateur shot 60.

What do they have in common apart from course record ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I Think our official one is a 62 (-7). But i know the assistant pro posted a 58 in 2021.

Apparently he wasn't going to play that day but a couple of mates persuaded him to come out and follow the comp round after the entries had closed.

As an aside my F-i-L holds (or until recently held) the competition course record around from the whites at St Annes Old Links with a 66, which included 9 birdies and 3 bogeys.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The best I’ve heard of is a 59 at Silloth. No eagles, no dropped shots, just 12 birdies.
I played there a few years ago and saw the card on the wall. I was intrigued, so I went and spoke to the Pro about it. He said that the guy who set it was an incredible golfer with what he described as a totally underwhelming swing.
He told me about 3 different golfers at the club, all brilliant golfers in their own rights. If you watched all three on the range two of the swings would wow anyone, the third would be less impressive, but it was he who holds that record.
If I remember right I'm sure the Pro told me that he use to partner the record holder in Pro-Ams around the north West.

Having just been eaten alive by the course I was blown away (no pun intended) by the score.