Course recommendations

G1z1

Visit site
Looking for a new home club, my current club east ren is nice in the summer but it’s just horrible to play in the winter. Even now going into March the greens are the worst I’ve seen anywhere this year so think it’s just best to move on. Noticed there’s loads in my area, so can anyone recommend a few for me to try ?
I have played williamwood, white Craig’s and cathcart castle but none of the others. Heard people say haggis castle is nice ?
?77225B50-1032-4B59-BEF8-09ACF91BC46D.jpeg

D

Deleted member 23270

I would have thought all the courses in your area would be similar in winter, are the Ayrshire links too far out as they would be your best option?

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
For year round golf why don't you check out some of the Ayrshire links courses. If your close to East Ren. It's not a big jaunt down to Ayrshire.

G1z1

Visit site
I would have thought all the courses in your area would be similar in winter, are the Ayrshire links too far out as they would be your best option?
I have the Ayrshire membership for the Troon links and there great courses for the money but last few weeks I’ve been driving down there 4/5 times a week and it’s only 30 mins drive but im starting to get fed up with the driving. East ren is on a bit of land that’s very high up so think that’s why it’s so bad in winter, williamwood is a lot dryer and not closed anywhere near as much but it’s not that great a course.

jmcp

Visit site
I don’t see Paisley on your list, maybe it’s too long a drive but if not, well worth playing a round there to se if you like it, it is usually in great condition. You should remember though, it has been an exceptionally wet last couple of months for most south west scotland golf clubs so, if not a links course, you are likely to have suffered badly with course restrictions.

Cheers, John

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fereneze?
I was a junior member there and went for a game last year.
I really enjoyed it and the views are fantastic.
It is a bit of a trek up some hills though.

G1z1

Visit site
Short list so far is cathkin brae, bonnington, Fereneze and want to try Cathcart castle again. My membership is up end of next month so I’ll need to get a move on if I’m switching clubs.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Short list so far is cathkin brae, bonnington, Fereneze and want to try Cathcart castle again. My membership is up end of next month so I’ll need to get a move on if I’m switching clubs.
You mentioned Haggs and I would leave it on your list but you might find it is a long term thing rather than something to do this year as I believe a number of the Glasgow clubs have significant waiting lists again.

G1z1

Visit site
You mentioned Haggs and I would leave it on your list but you might find it is a long term thing rather than something to do this year as I believe a number of the Glasgow clubs have significant waiting lists again.
Yes I wanted to play haggs think that put me off was green keeper at east ren said haggs was even worse in winter than east ren. So kind of put me off. Is anyone a member of haggs how is it in winter ? Might as well add It to the list as I do enjoy trying new courses.