Course design you dislike.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Pointless hazards, like the 9th at chart hills, the holes a par 4 and about 120 yards in are a sea of bunkers, unless I'm going to tee off with a PW then it'll be nothing more than an obstacle to walk around.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pointless hazards, like the 9th at chart hills, the holes a par 4 and about 120 yards in are a sea of bunkers, unless I'm going to tee off with a PW then it'll be nothing more than an obstacle to walk around.

I know a dude who would be in those every weekend ? Thins everything, couldn’t carry a purse, but knocks it dead from 150 without ever getting above head height and regularly boxes 40 footers. He is a heartbreaker to play against!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Holes that cross over another hole.
17th at Bramley is played, from an elevated tee, over the 16th green ..................... if my memory serves me.
I also seem to remember the 1st at Torquay, I think, is played across the 18th fairway.
Thick rough under trees. Double jeopardy and it slows things down unnecessarily.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
4. Hole which don't suit your preferred shot shape. Either learn how to shape the ball both ways or take a shorter club twice.

I will assume this post was an answer to mine, as I don't remember any others mentioning a preferred shot shape, and if it was, you have completely missed the point. But don't let that get in the way of your rant.

It is one dimensional courses I have an issue with, that suit one shot shape. It is preferrable to have to move it both ways.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Played a par 5 today with three blind landing zones
You literally do not see you ball land on any shot tee to green
It's dictated by the topography but its not a great design
SI 1 as it happens

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Blind tee shots, depends. If it a natural feature, and there is no trick over the brow like a sharp change of direction or a pond, OK. Some great holes are blind - several great holes at RCD, a few at Silloth, a par-3 at Lahinch, amongst others. .

I hate holes which try to make up for their lack of design imagination features with rough and length. also don't like greens up a hill on the horizon so you can't see any depth.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Blind tee shots, depends. If it a natural feature, and there is no trick over the brow like a sharp change of direction or a pond, OK. Some great holes are blind - several great holes at RCD, a few at Silloth, a par-3 at Lahinch, amongst others. .

I hate holes which try to make up for their lack of design imagination features with rough and length. also don't like greens up a hill on the horizon so you can't see any depth.
The par 3 at Lahinch - The Dell is a fantastic hole.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
And if the ball never went in the hazard it wouldn't be very much fun would it? The challenge is dealing with the obstacles, not eliminating them.
I don't think anyone is talking about removing or eliminating hazards, but some of us are giving opinions on unfair hazards. That's not a whinge or a moan, just something I dislike.

Sully

Visit site
The shire is like this. There’s more water than land and it’s massively overrated in my opinion

18th hole at the shire . You can finish a round , sit at the club house and watch the number of balls landing in the water .
D03457BA-73D4-435A-A4BA-CF25E96F5662.jpeg

D

Deleted member 3432

The 3rd and 4th holes at Silloth are outstanding holes with blind tee shots, the more I play the course the more I love them.