Course abuse

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tyrell Hatton whacking his putter into a green at Close House at The British Masters last year.

Personally, I don't get that angry and thankfully I have never played with anyone who has damaged a club or the course. I'm sure if I play enough I will meet someone though.

You don't mention any of your own. What have you seen?

snakehips

Hacker
Visit site
Tyrell Hatton whacking his putter into a green at Close House at The British Masters last year.

Personally, I don't get that angry and thankfully I have never played with anyone who has damaged a club or the course. I'm sure if I play enough I will meet someone though.

I saw someone hit a tee marker with their driver, head came off the driver :)
Also seen some excellent bunker thrashing from various offenders over the years - well, someone has to break up the sand after all!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
My regular pp can get a touch irate at times. Seen him clatter his club down after a poor shot a few times. Last time he snapped his driver shaft after a girly little slap of the clubhead onto the ground 😆

snakehips

Hacker
Visit site

Christ, if someone did that at our club I'd like to think they'd get chucked out or at least banned for a while to collect their thoughts a bit. Got no time for players who could do that to a green....

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
Some chap 2 groups behind who was effin' and blindin' about the group directly behind me only having 3 people in it (every tee time needs 4 people in at this place - can't remember where now). Thought he was going to have a heart attack.

I was in Spain a few years back and the group behind were constantly hitting balls whilst we were still in play.
It was 3 Spanish guys and an English lad who had booked by himself. English guy didn't know them, but he was a culprit too.
By the 8th (I think), they caught up with us and I had a right go at the main guy. He said it was in the rules of slow play, they weren't doing anything wrong! We came pretty close to fisticuffs but we let them through.
About 4 holes later, we caught them up as the course was vety busy. Told him he better watch out when I launch one at him, obviously I didn't as I'm not a yob.

hors limite

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A few years ago,as a new member of a club I played (not for very long) with a group that included a guy who was a retired officer of Her Majesty's Services.He had serious anger management issues. On one occasion, he buried the head of his putter in a green. On another, he hit his drive into the garden of a house adjoining the course. The householder was there and refused to throw his ball back. Mister angry was on the point of getting over the fence to fill him in until his playing partners intervened. How his "friends" put up with him I still don't understand.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Couple of years ago first group out in a medel one player destroyed the cup on the first with his putter in a fit of temper. The green keeper had to be called upon to cut another hole, you can imagine what was being sad back on the first tee.
Cost the guy a reprimand and a large donation to the captains charity.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The crows have annihilated our 18th medal tee this year digging up leather jackets. Because of new rules regarding pesticides we are no longer allowed to treat the ground to kill the little blighters.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Paired up with two guys on the first tee while visiting Belton Lakes a few years back. One was Mr Calm. However it wasn't long before Mr Angry buried his wedge in his golf bag only to realise moments later that his bright pink energy drink was in that compartment with his jumper, jacket, hat... Everything destroyed in pink syrup.

Was pretty tough to keep a straight face.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Seen all sorts in my brief playing time, guys snapping drivers after hitting out of bounds

One guy brought 2 putters out with him and went home without either...i was tempted to go out and get one of them, deep in some bushes

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played with a guy at St Pierre in Chepstow. He was having some putting issues and so when he 4 jabbed on the 10th, which is a short dog leg par 4 that skirts a lake that he had hit the green with his tee shot, was not hugely surprised but was slightly impressed when he threw his scotty cameron like a russian hammer thrower 50 ft onto the island green in the middle of the lake.

I imagine it is still in the island, slowly sinking.

D

Deleted member 1147

The crows have annihilated our 18th medal tee this year digging up leather jackets. Because of new rules regarding pesticides we are no longer allowed to treat the ground to kill the little blighters.

Geese have caused some trouble at our place with digging up fairways and greens to get at food.

From humans, I've seen a wedge get stuck up a tree after being thrown in anger. We just laughed at the idiot who threw it, and walked on.