Course abuse

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played with a volatile club member a few years back and he putted too hard on a sloping green and his ball went off the green, he was still furious as he went to tee off the next hole, pull hooked his tee shot oob- next thing I saw his Deep Red driver whistling past my ear and lodging up a tree. He then stormed in and I understand was asked to leave the Club as this was a final "offence" but I understand he took an anger management course shortly afterwards.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Brook Koepka at Celtic Manor - hit a poor 4 iron layup off the tee - snapped iron across knee and handed both parts to his caddy without saying a word.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The crows have annihilated our 18th medal tee this year digging up leather jackets. Because of new rules regarding pesticides we are no longer allowed to treat the ground to kill the little blighters.

You can treat them with legal alternatives its just very expensive compared with the old stuff.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played with Darren Williams wife Joanne- she tutted AND shook her head once when she topped a shot. 😏

pieface

Medal Winner
Visit site
One of my regular pp's gets so angry, the other day he threw his 5 iron against a large tree and smashed it in half. Regularly has loud vocal outbursts and is a general embarrassment when it doesn't go his way. I just tend to walk off when he's having an episode.

The worst I've ever done is slamming my clubs into my bag.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Geese have caused some trouble at our place with digging up fairways and greens to get at food.

From humans, I've seen a wedge get stuck up a tree after being thrown in anger. We just laughed at the idiot who threw it, and walked on.

Did he throw a provisional?

On the back of the 7th green at Boavista, many years ago, after another bad hole I watched in hysterics as my brother picked up his bag AND trolley and launch the lot!

D

Deleted member 21258

I played with Darren Williams wife Joanne- she tutted AND shook her head once when she topped a shot. 

That is almost as angry as she gets, top lady.:D

If she did that on every topped shot she would shake her head off, #Churchilllookalike

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don’t even do that, it’s not the clubs fault and they’re too damn expensive to break. Granted I do have some stern words with myself sometimes 
Of course it's the club's fault for god's sake. What else can it be?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Chucked a club once, only to see it stay in a tree. We've struggled with goose droppings on a few holes and greens which is natural abuse. Seen club chuckers, those that have buries putters in greens and one who did a Basil Fawlty impression with a rake in the bunker similar to the tree branch. Constant slamming of the rake into the bunker, vigorous use that left a nice sandy deposit on the green and a very purple face. COst him a six week ban and fine to the captains charity as said captain was strolling down an adjacent hole and saw it all

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Two friends of mine often snap clubs, throw balls, and swear a lot. I must say I've never really seen course abuse as such.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Two friends of mine often snap clubs, throw balls, and swear a lot. I must say I've never really seen course abuse as such.
My god, it would kill me if I snapped one of my irons. They cost me enough in the first place without having to replace them as well!

I did break a club once, but it was a cheap Sports Direct Dunlop wedge, all I did was toss it on the ground and it folded in half. :rofl:

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
I've done the old chuck the ball in the nearest water hazard after putting off the green in Spain. Only did that because I thought I had the weight perfect for the putt.

few club slams into the ground after yet another fat shot

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I threw a putter in the lake by the 18th at Pyrford. It was no spur of the moment thing, I had been planning it for the entire back nine and my playing partners were aware of it. The putter had been warned before - I had even put it on the BBQ once but it carried on misbehaving. So into the lake it went to swim with the fishes.