Council tax

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Where I live in Lincolnshire, we only pay our council tax in 10 month instalments, which means we get Feb and March 'free'
The problem is, the extra money is burning a hole in my pocket.
I've been talked out of a new computer and my petrol lawnmower hasn't died yet so am a bit stuck.
To those who also have Feb and March free, do you have any plans for it or has HID spent it already?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Where I live in Lincolnshire, we only pay our council tax in 10 month instalments, which means we get Feb and March 'free'
I've been talked out of a new computer and my petrol lawnmower hasn't died yet so am a bit stuck.
To those who also have Feb and March free, do you have any plans for it or has HID spent it already?
Just so happens that the service is due on my car so that's that taken care of :confused:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
we used to have a 10 month paying period and yes it was very easy to think about how to spend the extra however, for me it also coincided with when the car insurance was due.

Our County went to 12 months some time ago

These days the first instalment of my two 6 monthly annuity payments comes in Feb so I get the same itch.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Goes into the savings tbh to cover everything else across the year

Just the same how I'm paid 4 weekly but have always done a monthly budget

One month a year I get paid twice which I then save to fund silly buys like putters 🤣

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't do anything special....its just less money out of my bank account.....soon gets lost in the "bigger picture" of my general finances....like paying for the fence panels that i'm replacing this weekend!!!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Two cars to service and MOT next month. Two lots of car insurance and the house insurance. Golf subs before April 1st.
Oh, and need to book a holiday at some point.
No council tax for two months is welcome. Paid the yearly charge for the garden waste bin yesterday.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Two cars to service and MOT next month. Two lots of car insurance and the house insurance. Golf subs before April 1st.
Oh, and need to book a holiday at some point.
No council tax for two months is welcome. Paid the yearly charge for the garden waste bin yesterday.
The what?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, my car insurance and MOT is due at the start of May and that's also our renewal date at my golf club. So best off keeping whatever I save for then.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Our council tax has gone from €172 a year, in the old house, to €225 a year in the new house. However, we also pay €30 a quarter to get the bins emptied.