Council Tax

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really it’s inclusive in Scotland? What a brilliant idea I like that

Hate being on a metre it’s bloody annoying.. whoever decided to put our house on it was a sod

Being on a meter probably works out around £300 a year cheaper than using rateable values for me.

U

User62651

Being on a meter probably works out around £300 a year cheaper than using rateable values for me.

We are about £287 in Argyll for the water component of our council tax but with that you have unlimited use, no meterage.
Water is not a thing we are ever short of in Argyll:cry: but it still has to go through all the pre-use treatment etc.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it really bad to say I don't even know how much our council tax is and is we pay over 10 or 12 months :eek:

The Mrs set up the DD for it from our joint bills account we each have a SO from our own accounts that goes into bills account each month and everything is paid, I don't even check it just know it ticks over and we have nothing outstanding.

The only thing I am still getting used to is no gas, we have to purchase oil every few months to fill a tank that heats the house as we're in a non gas area and I don't even know how that works or what it costs.. On a brighter note I do know how much my golf costs me so I know priorities are in the right place.
Similar here. Bills are mostly coming out of the missus' account, I just send her a set amount after each payday. So I don't even know what the amount is. What I do know is we just had a new boiler put in, just bought a new bed, and are having the conservatory door repaired, so I seriously doubt there's any money left not accounted for anyway.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Similar here. Bills are mostly coming out of the missus' account, I just send her a set amount after each payday. So I don't even know what the amount is. What I do know is we just had a new boiler put in, just bought a new bed, and are having the conservatory door repaired, so I seriously doubt there's any money left not accounted for anyway.
I’m the opposite , I deal with all bills and finances in the house

The Mrs however provides the food for all of us, and buys everything for our daughter

Seems a good deal to me 👌

Just signing off on a loft extension lol finally paid off the driveway . Bloody houses

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ours goes in the Holiday pot, we are 254 a month council tax, so thats a nice little start to the holiday spending money!

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
I don't know how many people are in the same boat as me but I pay my CT over 10 instalments which means the next 2 months are CT free.
Is anyone else already planning how to spend the extra money available?
Or maybe you pay yours over 12 months?

Ours goes on a 5 day break to Portugal in March.

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Is it really bad to say I don't even know how much our council tax is and is we pay over 10 or 12 months :eek:

The Mrs set up the DD for it from our joint bills account we each have a SO from our own accounts that goes into bills account each month and everything is paid, I don't even check it just know it ticks over and we have nothing outstanding.

The only thing I am still getting used to is no gas, we have to purchase oil every few months to fill a tank that heats the house as we're in a non gas area and I don't even know how that works or what it costs.. On a brighter note I do know how much my golf costs me so I know priorities are in the right place.

You need to get together with your neighbours and all buy together. The bigger the order the bigger the discount !!!!

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Could be difficult though I don't have any neighbours... Could always raid the kids account though :ROFLMAO:

It’s worth keeping up with oil prices as there can be a big difference at certain times a year, I normally fill my tank when the price is low

Wolf

Visit site
It’s worth keeping up with oil prices as there can be a big difference at certain times a year, I normally fill my tank when the price is low
I'm new to it as we only moved here last month so will make sure I take your advice on this and give them a good look over, cheers for the heads up

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
A spring fill used to be the cheapest. Not had oil fired for donkey's years.

We didn't buy a house due to oil fired heating, lovely house, converted flax store in the country just outside our village.

Same as Bob, got two free months coming up, £530 better off, will put that towards new carpets for upstairs. House is a "work in progress".