Ryder Cup First Tee

i*windows

Visit site
For those who have been to previous Ryder Cups in Europe, what is the deal with the first tee? I see that you need a ticket for the 'first tee experience' and there are some free seat for those who wont pay the extra cost. Does anyone have any idea how many free tees are normally available? I guess you just have to get there early and hope you get a seat.

fudgeukraine

Visit site
Was at 2018 on the Friday, I think Grandstand seats were unallocated (but all taken by time we got there), but there was loads of space surrounding the tee, so just a case of getting to a good spot and standing. Think we got there about 7ish for the 8ish tees and even that was pretty late (we were fortunate in that we had coach transfers to behind the 1st tee, so can't speak for normal arrivals)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice to see that the Ryder Cup has found another way to milk the cash cow by selling off the seats for an extra cost on the first tee.

Grizzly

Visit site
Likewise, veteran of Paris and I would recommend avoiding the first tee like the plague - its easy to get wrapped up in the noise and forget to watch any actual golf. Pick a player you want to watch and follow their match in the morning, then wander the property in the afternoon, looping in behind the final game of the day.