Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bit rich coming from the guy who was calling me "unhinged" :D

pot ... kettle ....
Mr Pot Kettle,

You dont get 'measured in your condemnations' do you? As I explained, I have critised the Government but you remain blinkered and (ok unhinged is a little strong) slightly unhinged ?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What a copout! It's a forum! If you only want to communicate as per the bold bit, then use a PM!

In light of the obvious failure to achieve the target - in spite of a dire failed attempt to fiddle the 'number'! - and the fact that the target has continued to be missed since,...What logistical changes would YOU suggest that could have improved the results?!
Of course you are able to interject but it would be better if you kept to the question being asked if you feel it necessary. As I am not criticising the Governments testing program why should I suggest any logistical changes, I think they did an amazing job of increasing capacity.

Your comments regarding 'the governments dire failed attempt at fiddling the number' and 'the target continuing to be missed' is again nothing to do with my post so I dont feel obliged to respond to it.

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
You really choose to not get it. After not answering the question Jenrick handed to Harries who was then very clear that all along they have said that the comparisons were not particularly valid - yet the government have chosen to present them to us every day for the last 7 weeks or so. She handed back to Jenrick who simply repeated his non-answer to 'why is the comparison graph not appropriate now' (when the CMO has been saying this all along).

It really isn't difficult to see the Jenrick did not answer the 'why up until now but no longer' question when the validity of the comparison has not changed - so it can't be that.

Asked and answered.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mr Pot Kettle,

You dont get 'measured in your condemnations' do you? As I explained, I have critised the Government but you remain blinkered and (ok unhinged is a little strong) slightly unhinged ?

I have to say that it is slightly depressing that your default response to any point you disagree with is petty insults.

I'm not going to waste any more time on you.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Food for thought, with the benefit of hindsight of course, but you really have to wonder why we took the path we did.

There's also a Twitter post doing the rounds showing an opposition MP in NZ slaughtering their PM's record in the run up to lockdown. It sounds very familiar to what we're hearing in the UK about Boris.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
You really choose to not get it. After not answering the question Jenrick handed to Harries who was then very clear that all along they have said that the comparisons were not particularly valid - yet the government have chosen to present them to us every day for the last 7 weeks or so. She handed back to Jenrick who simply repeated his non-answer to 'why is the comparison graph not appropriate now' (when the CMO has been saying this all along).

It really isn't difficult to see the Jenrick did not answer the 'why up until now but no longer' question when the validity of the comparison has not changed - so it can't be that.

This was answered quite along time ago, on here. The government presented them because if they had not , their ever-waiting-to-pounce critics and even more so, the hacks, would have accused them of failing to show the other countries' figures because they show our figures are so awful ;and the government is hiding the true death figures etc etc.
So they showed them from the OFF.
But it is still the fact that countries' figures are being prepared in different ways.E.g.What is a covid death in U.K. is not a covid death in Germany
How many times has that to be explained?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There's also a Twitter post doing the rounds showing an opposition MP in NZ slaughtering their PM's record in the run up to lockdown. It sounds very familiar to what we're hearing in the UK about Boris.
Ta
Speaking to my Cousin in NZ he says the lockdown there has been harsh but he said it's not been enforced on a level playing field and although most have been kept rigidly at home it hasnt been applied the same way to everyone.

Also, wouldnt it have been so much easier to control a population similar to Scotland over an area the size of the UK.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ta
Speaking to my Cousin in NZ he says the lockdown there has been harsh but he said it's not been enforced on a level playing field and although most have been kept rigidly at home it hasnt been applied the same way to everyone.

Also, wouldnt it have been so much easier to control a population similar to Scotland over an area the size of the UK.

I rather suspect that many here feel the rules are not being relaxed/applied in a fair manner... The working classes are being encouraged back out to work with its additional risks... Whilst the desk jockey middle classes are being let out to return to their elitist pastimes of golf and tennis...

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wow you’re seriously bitter aren’t you
Not at all...Like Nicola Sturgeon I totally respect England's right to do things differently to the other three UK nations, after all they are 5 weeks ahead of Scotland on the Covid clock.
What I shake my head at is the equivalent of BBC South [England] showing the weather forecast for The Scottish Highlands without telling them that it is for Wales.

BTW I see anti lockdown mass gathering protests are planned for Southampton and Swindon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

This was answered quite along time ago, on here. The government presented them because if they had not , their ever-waiting-to-pounce critics and even more so, the hacks, would have accused them of failing to show the other countries' figures because they show our figures are so awful ;and the government is hiding the true death figures etc etc.
So they showed them from the OFF.
But it is still the fact that countries' figures are being prepared in different ways.E.g.What is a covid death in U.K. is not a covid death in Germany
How many times has that to be explained?
Is there anything you won’t excuse this Government for?
They only presented them to avoid the hacks and critics pouncing? Really? They looked at them, knew they were pointless and thought “best show them so we don’t get awkward questions”

Why has it took 7 weeks to stop showing them? Why not stop after 1, 2 or any number before?

I agree they are pointless, I agree everybody reports differently. It still begs the question why it took so long, it was always in the Governments gift whether to show them or not and to use the excuse we’ve been given is shallow and says more about the Government and who they are trying to please rather than who they are afraid of.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
During an interview by the Beeb's Breakfast News presenter Charlie Stayt questioned the Tory Minister on why old people were discharged from hospital to care homes................. I can't get the words out....... I am xxxx raging! I'd like to think I misheard what I thought was a slip by the Tory Minister because the alternative is abhorrent.

Old people were sent out from hospitals to protect the NHS. That is what he said!!! They were/are collateral damage to protect others. Just who are the most vulnerable?

If it was picked up by others, the nuance of what was said I'd like to hear about it, especially if I've got it wrong. We don't have catch-up here, otherwise I'd try and watch it again.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not at all...Like Nicola Sturgeon I totally respect England's right to do things differently to the other three UK nations, after all they are 5 weeks ahead of Scotland on the Covid clock.
What I shake my head at is the equivalent of BBC South [England] showing the weather forecast for The Scottish Highlands without telling them that it is for Wales.

BTW I see anti lockdown mass gathering protests are planned for Southampton and Swindon

That number keeps growing. You replied to me it was 2 weeks previously!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Welsh 1st Minister allowed garden centres to open but not golf and fishing. He got so much stick for it he climbed down withing 48 hours.

Next door neighbour went into Chepstow Garden Centre yesterday... he didn't stop. It was absolutely packed, everybody he saw pretty much over State Pension Age, Little social distancing going on from the customers...

But their demise will be Boris' fault of course.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I also thought it funny he said respects the right for England to do things differently but slates it every time they do anything different., ??‍♂️

Well Scotland are doing everything right and the only reason the R number is higher is because we're so in front of them on the Covid timeline! Keep moving that out to explain the R rate. Can't get my head around how a population of 6m, and so spread are still having a high rate of infection...

I'm only saying that in a response to his attitude (them and us) and really shouldn't but patience runs thin sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.