Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find it very strange that the entirety of the British media has failed to bring these indefensible actions to the attention of the British public. Is there a conspiracy?
Probably because the journalist/investigator of this story only part-leaked it late last night with the proviso that the data was still being analysed as it was very data heavy. He has stated several times that he wants to “gold plate” it for us non geeks so as to avoid it being steamrollered by vested interests.

Or, it could be bollocks. No one quite knows yet so it’s not being pounced on just yet ?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Hang on Bri. This is wartime remember. Loose lips sink ships and all that. We’re not here to criticise. And what are your sources? Is it some damn lefty again? Then bloody smelly lefties just want us all to die. ???

Sssh! If I tell you I'll have to kill you.

That aside, I came off the phone about 45 mins back after speaking to a senior sister in an ITU not a million miles away from Homer. I asked about PPE. They have everything they need but the masks are uncomfortable for a full 14 hour shift. She's gone out and bought her own... sounds like the troops in Iraq.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

That aside, I came off the phone about 45 mins back after speaking to a senior sister in an ITU not a million miles away from Homer. I asked about PPE. They have everything they need but the masks are uncomfortable for a full 14 hour shift. She's gone out and bought her own... sounds like the troops in Iraq.

We were buying our own kit long before Iraq

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

They look incredibly uncomfortable and I saw a picture of two nurses coming off duty and their faces were so red and sore looking from them.

D

Deleted member 18588

Probably because the journalist/investigator of this story only part-leaked it late last night with the proviso that the data was still being analysed as it was very data heavy. He has stated several times that he wants to “gold plate” it for us non geeks so as to avoid it being steamrollered by vested interests.

Or, it could be bollocks. No one quite knows yet so it’s not being pounced on just yet ?

Is it just me, am I the only person that thinks Mr O'Connell may have taken someone's bait.

The dodgy tweet he quoted included #BANTHECLAP. Really?

Interestingly The Independent, a publication not renowned for its support of the Government, seems more than a little sceptical.

We shall have to see if he produces any evidence to support his story.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it just me, am I the only person that thinks Mr O'Connell may have taken someone's bait.

The dodgy tweet he quoted included #BANTHECLAP. Really?

Interestingly The Independent, a publication not renowned for its support of the Government, seems more than a little sceptical.

We shall have to see if he produces any evidence to support his story.
Very possibly ?

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
On PPE...

Government looking to sources of raw materials and makers who can produce at scale.

Many of the UK companies in the press that are complaing about applying to supply are too small and /or are new starups acting as middle men operating on a wing and a prayer.

Suppliers need to have the capability in their supply chain for millions of SKU's per week.

The EU consortium the UK was asked to join has not shipped any items.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
We were buying our own kit long before Iraq

I was buying from Silvermans in the 70’s, sewed in seams on all my trousers, NI boots & gloves before my first tour but we used them for UN in Cyprus as std gear was heavy and sore.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
They look incredibly uncomfortable and I saw a picture of two nurses coming off duty and their faces were so red and sore looking from them.

Here’s a trick for them.....

Buy a head sweatband, sew 2 large buttons on each side, then instead of hooking the ties over the ears, which become sore, hook them on the buttons ?

U

User62651

The EU consortium the UK was asked to join has not shipped any items.

I think today's stooshie was more about Gove lying about the reason for not joining with EU on this some weeks ago if the FCO guy is right. Seems for this Govt anything that could be seen as a reliance on the EU, no matter how small, even in a global crisis, is an instant no no, no matter if British lives depended on it, that's purely political because of the B word and a pretty awful move too. It is unsurprising sadly but where the UK has fallen to.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think today's stooshie was more about Gove lying about the reason for not joining with EU on this some weeks ago if the FCO guy is right. Seems for this Govt anything that could be seen as a reliance on the EU, no matter how small, even in a global crisis, is an instant no no, no matter if British lives depended on it, that's purely political because of the B word and a pretty awful move too. It is unsurprising sadly but where the UK has fallen to.

I think you're looking for stuff that ain't there: the UK is an associate member of the EU consortium. The consortium has not yet managed to ship any items.

U

User62651

I think you're looking for stuff that ain't there: the UK is an associate member of the EU consortium. The consortium has not yet managed to ship any items.
Rumour is the FCO guy is now writing to retract what he said earlier, if true clearly got at by Cumming's enforcers.

U

User62651

Senior simple servant wouldn't be bothered by the likes of Cummings
The letter is now out with 'clarification' but so is the original video by McDonald. Some kind of pressure applied from the top.
Hancock getting set up for the boot too, scapegoats required.
That's just regular politics of course but it's been a tough spell for Govt last wee while.
Maybe some vaccine positives thankfully.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The letter is now out with 'clarification' but so is the original video by McDonald. Some kind of pressure applied from the top.
Hancock getting set up for the boot too, scapegoats required.
That's just regular politics of course but it's been a tough spell for Govt last wee while.
Maybe some vaccine positives thankfully.
BBC seems to be missing out. The mastermind Laura twitted 40 min ok that they were still waiting for clarification.

D

Deleted member 1740

So I guess he couldnt have just got it wrong as that's what it looks like he's saying.

There’s no defence. People in high office/position of authority when speaking to the public, under the circumstances should not being “getting things wrong”.

Status
Not open for further replies.