Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
As I said England has decided to go it alone so he is not speaking on behalf of a United Kingdom any more...England only matters.
How about the odd one out stops doing their own thing.

I can't see what all the fuss is about. Providing they're broadly the same, crack on. Spain is doing it differently from France and Portugal.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
As I said England has decided to go it alone so he is not speaking on behalf of a United Kingdom any more...England only matters.
How about the odd one out stops doing their own thing.

The other 3 would have been perfectly aware that the PM intended to make a major announcement on Sunday. Rather than wait for that, they chose not to wait and see what the announcement was, and elected to go their own way.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The other 3 would have been perfectly aware that the PM intended to make a major announcement on Sunday. Rather than wait for that, they chose not to wait and see what the announcement was, and elected to go their own way.

But of course this is Boris Johnson's fault that the other three, well one in particular, are playing political games for their own personal agendas.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

They did not go their own way, three out of four components of the United Kingdom were united against any change from 'stay at home'.

Army march past.
Proud Mum.
'Oh look they are all out of step except my Basil'.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Some clarifications from Raab this morning on Today. Going back to work from 'today' if possible meant Wednesday - no mention from Raab about doing anything in respect of working from today; and he advised that I can sit in the park with my wife, and we can meet with my daughter and her boyfriend as long as we keep social distancing. That guidance does raise further questions though - given that individuals from different households can meet up could we four 'get together' in our back garden rather than the park; and could we meet up with them plus my daughter's b/fs parents in the same way? Guess we'll hear about that today...

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
But of course this is Boris Johnson's fault that the other three, well one in particular, are playing political games for their own personal agendas.

That really is the most ridiculous post I've seen on here. You may not agree with what the devolved governments are doing, but to suggest their motivation in not relaxing the lockdown to same extent as England is purely political is preposterous.

They are trying to do what is right for their countries. Of course they are helped by the fact they don't have big business backers pressuring them to open up ASAP.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Last week it was announced that there'd be a 14 day quarantine for anyone arriving in the UK. Today its announced that there's been a reciprocal agreement made with France for no quarantine. Where's the logic?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Some clarifications from Raab this morning on Today. Going back to work from 'today' if possible meant Wednesday - no mention from Raab about doing anything in respect of working from today; and I can sit in the park with my wife and we can meet with my daughter and her boyfriend as long as we keep social distancing. And so given that individuals from different households can meet up - could we four 'get together' in our back garden rather than the park?

If that's true, it makes a total nonsense of only being able to play golf with someone you live with.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Some clarifications from Raab this morning on Today. Going back to work from 'today' if possible meant Wednesday - no mention from Raab about doing anything in respect of working from today; and I can sit in the park with my wife and we can meet with my daughter and her boyfriend as long as we keep social distancing. And so given that individuals from different households can meet up - could we four 'get together' in our back garden rather than the park?

There's a virus spread by close contact or touching, as an adult what do think is sensible?

If we were spoon-fed detail you would complain of draconian interference in you rights.

D

Deleted member 16999

Last week it was announced that there'd be a 14 day quarantine for anyone arriving in the UK. Today its announced that there's been a reciprocal agreement made with France for no quarantine. Where's the logic?
I don’t know whether it’s the media, Government sources, Opposition sources, Civil Servants or whoever, but the last 7-14 days has seen a lot of information being published then denied or questioned or changed etc.

Someone, somewhere, really needs to get a grip of the communication fiasco that seems to have gone up a level.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

That's nuts if it's true. Makes no sense at all. Of course the fact that people are to be allowed to go wherever they want to while under quarantine, as long as they tell the authorities where they are planning to stay, is so weak and open to abuse, it is pretty pointless.

U

User62651

Major horlicks from Raab today, has had to retract already what he said earlier about meeting both parents in a park. Chaotic.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
There's a virus spread by close contact or touching, as an adult what do think is sensible?

If we were spoon-fed detail you would complain of draconian interference in you rights.
I actually rather that the guidance was clear. My wife and I understand what is best for us...and we will act accordingly. But if we sit in the park with three couples all from other households socially distancing as required then I would not expect to be pulled up by anyone on us doing so. besides. We ALL have to fully understand and behave in accordance with the guidelines, because if some groups don't then there is a risk - and an increased risk in the wider population is an increased risk to everyone.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That's nuts if it's true. Makes no sense at all. Of course the fact that people are to be allowed to go wherever they want to while under quarantine, as long as they tell the authorities where they are planning to stay, is so weak and open to abuse, it is pretty pointless.
Johnson did not give any timescales for the quarantine period being brought in.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Major horlicks from Raab today, has had to retract already what he said earlier about meeting both parents in a park. Chaotic.
If you listen to his interview on Today he was a bit all over the place in respect of some of the detail...fine on the general Stay Alert message...

If I were cynical I might suggest he was rather having to wing it as he didn't actually have answers for some of the questions - which for many detailed stuff would be understandable - but some of the questions were on the basics - and this on being able to meet family living separate from us is very important to all of us. I might have thought he'd have a very good idea of what was in the 50page briefing document to be published today and so such questions would be easily fielded.

My wife has already suggested to my daughter than we'd be able to meet up with her and her b/f in the park...now we can't. But Raab has now told Nick Ferrari on LBC that grandparents can drive to see their grandchildren as long as they socially distance (I didn't hear this but NF has just told his listeners) ...sorry - but this is not great :(

Last edited:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
They did not go their own way, three out of four components of the United Kingdom were united against any change from 'stay at home'.

Army march past.
Proud Mum.
'Oh look they are all out of step except my Basil'.

So, what you are saying is that the other 3 got together and conspired.

Status
Not open for further replies.