Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The first paragraph is excellent. After that, pretty much all of the article is dire. But I suppose, using the journalist’s logic, the rest of the world will fail miserably too because they’re not in the EU.

Seriously, if this article resonates with people I can see plenty of candidates for the Darwin Award.

It certainly resonated with me - enough to realise my never buying the Guardian was indeed a wise saving of money ?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The first paragraph is excellent. After that, pretty much all of the article is dire. But I suppose, using the journalist’s logic, the rest of the world will fail miserably too because they’re not in the EU.

Seriously, if this article resonates with people I can see plenty of candidates for the Darwin Award.
I lost interest when he described dead people as 'corpses' and seemed to suggest the drop in GDP was preventable.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes, had to laugh when the poster who never fails to praise the govt and attack any criticism puts up a post complaining yet again about other people being party political then quickly throws up a comment praising Starmer!
Would you have prefered me to have critised him. Your political style is completely unreasonable, you constantly castigate the Government but if I mention something positive they've done I'm politically biased, if I suggest the new Labour leader is doing a good job It has connotations with the rubbish you post on a golf forum.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Would you have prefered me to have critised him. Your political style is completely unreasonable, you constantly castigate the Government but if I mention something positive they've done I'm politically biased, if I suggest the new Labour leader is doing a good job It has connotations with the rubbish you post on a golf forum.

oh the irony!

If you care to look back on this thread and others, you will see praise from me recently for the Chancellor for the help he has made available, for BJ after one of his briefings, and on an number of times, for the govt for ramping up the number of tests over the last week.

my last post was a reaction to your hurried bit of faint praise for Starmer after you had a go at everyone else for being critical. It was so out of character it was obviously was a blatant attempt to cover your back imo.

I'll give praise where it's due, see the examples above. I'll also call the government out when it's due. You should try the latter sometime.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
oh the irony!

If you care to look back on this thread and others, you will see praise from me recently for the Chancellor for the help he has made available, for BJ after one of his briefings, and on an number of times, for the govt for ramping up the number of tests over the last week.

my last post was a reaction to your hurried bit of faint praise for Starmer after you had a go at everyone else for being critical. It was so out of character it was obviously was a blatant attempt to cover your back imo.

I'll give praise where it's due, see the examples above. I'll also call the government out when it's due. You should try the latter sometime.
OK, maybe I should run it past you before saying anything positive about Starmer then ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
oh the irony!

why bother dear boy, typical tory, one rule for them and another for anyone else:LOL::LOL::LOL:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Another thread ruined by the antics of a few Tory hating posters dragging it down to their level. The subject is too serious for this type of behaviour. I'm out of this one as well.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Before posting to have a moan about this or that stat or failure etc, remember folks throughout Jan/Feb not a one of us cared a jot about this virus or the thousands of dead and dying in Asia/Europe to be bothered enough to pass a comment on here

It’s a mighty small pedestal we seem to be trying to mount

Status
Not open for further replies.