Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf

Visit site
You can keep saying you are out as much as you like, it doesn’t stop me replying.

I have spun nothing, you took my words to mean one thing without clarification, as for saying my post is in poor taste look at what you posted about investigations.

If just one Trust has performed poorly in procuring PPE the knock on effect is that it could put Staff lives at risk.
That in my opinion is unacceptable and needs sorting as soon as it is found out, you stated and I quote

“The time to investigate all of the failings is post curve once we're past the worst of it.”

Hence my question to you about acceptable loss of life.

Then your Military Career? Were on earth did I ask you to discuss your time on Operations?

Even on exercise and training you’re taught to remain flexible and think on your feet etc.
?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
wonder how they are going to explain how they have not managed the 100,000 people a day to be tested, on the BBC this morning the guy put ups that fig was not close to the target.

why lie or carry on bluffing a changeing the target, why not just say they got it wrong?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How politics works in Scotland.

Unionist journalist to First Minister...…..will you be closing the border.
First Minister replies...…….I do not have the power to close the border.
Idiotic Scots Tory leader…..makes a statement that the First Minister intends to close the border.
99% of Scottish press go with ...……..Nicola Sturgeon plans to close the border.
The 48% of the Scots population who favour Unionism say it is an absolute disgrace that Sturgeon should close the border.

www.hiltonpark.net
wonder how they are going to explain how they have not managed the 100,000 people a day to be tested, on the BBC this morning the guy put ups that fig was not close to the target.

why lie or carry on bluffing a changeing the target, why not just say they got it wrong?
This is the thing I have a problem with. I have sympathy for the government on PPE, it's a global issue and we don't produce our own. The media has picked up on this because frontline staff are succumbing and it's emotive but i'm not sure how much more they can do in this global fight for PPE.
We do however have the testing capacity in this country already, no need to source from overseas it has just needed co-ordinating. The first issue is that unlike some countries with better testing regimens we didn't start the ball rolling soon enough. Before we get a vaccine data is going to be thing that helps us get back some level of normality. For example Germany has been at 100.000 tests a day for a month now if used that gives them ~2.5 million results which allows them to see how this is or isn't spreading through their population and what % may or may not have had it. We have now increased capacity but are struggling to get enough uptake which means these centralised super test centres aren't working as they should and the reporting of the results has been a mess.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is the thing I have a problem with. I have sympathy for the government on PPE, it's a global issue and we don't produce our own. The media has picked up on this because frontline staff are succumbing and it's emotive but i'm not sure how much more they can do in this global fight for PPE.
We do however have the testing capacity in this country already, no need to source from overseas it has just needed co-ordinating. The first issue is that unlike some countries with better testing regimens we didn't start the ball rolling soon enough. Before we get a vaccine data is going to be thing that helps us get back some level of normality. For example Germany has been at 100.000 tests a day for a month now if used that gives them ~2.5 million results which allows them to see how this is or isn't spreading through their population and what % may or may not have had it. We have now increased capacity but are struggling to get enough uptake which means these centralised super test centres aren't working as they should and the reporting of the results has been a mess.
Surely to see how the virus is spreading through the population you would need to do 60million tests a week. Aren't these current tests designed to reassure / check vunerable and vital people. The only other way they can be helpful would be in conjunction with a contact tracing app.

www.hiltonpark.net
Surely to see how the virus is spreading through the population you would need to do 60million tests a week. Aren't these current tests designed to reassure / check vunerable and vital people. The only other way they can be helpful would be in conjunction with a contact tracing app.
If we'd been able to do contact tracing amongst people who have flagged up as positive for longer then that data would be vital to extrapolating. We also have no idea about asymptomatic cases. It's ok every frontline worker who has symptoms isolating themselves but what about the asymptomatic ones they could be super spreaders? They may be a large or a small % of the population we have no idea. The only way we will find out now is if an antibody test becomes available

Wolf

Visit site
Having read quite a few of the latter posts I just feel that the blame for almost everything can genuinely be put down to the powers that be lacking just one thing - hindsight !
Exactly right and why we should be supporting where we can as a nation. Then once we're in position to conduct an inquest in this period and only then should it be done. Government, NHS or whoever else can look at what they got right, got wrong and where improvements can be made individually or collectively.

Hindsight is such a marvellous thing.

D

Deleted member 16999

Having read quite a few of the latter posts I just feel that the blame for almost everything can genuinely be put down to the powers that be lacking just one thing - hindsight !
It’s not about blame Chris, it’s about those in authority accepting responsibility.
The blame game is an easy option and nothing gets done.

D

Deleted member 16999

Exactly right and why we should be supporting where we can as a nation. Then once we're in position to conduct an inquest in this period and only then should it be done. Government, NHS or whoever eale can look at what they got right, got wrong and where improvements can be made individually or collectively.

Hindsight is such a marvellous thing.
Unless it costs lives.:rolleyes:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Unless it costs lives.:rolleyes:

Once Covid19 reached these shores lives were inevitably going to be lost, and in high numbers, the Government of the day will always be blamed for not doing things correctly but that is clearly in hindsight. I absolutely agree that if any part of the handling of the pandemic was done totally negligently then heads should roll, but I'm seeing too much of people on all manner of social media blaming Boris etc etc on totally party affiliation lines and, even on here, it is obvious to me after reading the Brexit threads for 3+ years for that most of the criticism here and elsewhere seem to be more anti Boris related given that some will criticise everything he does

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Once Covid19 reached these shores lives were inevitably going to be lost, and in high numbers, the Government of the day will always be blamed for not doing things correctly but that is clearly in hindsight. I absolutely agree that if any part of the handling of the pandemic was done totally negligently then heads should roll, but I'm seeing too much of people on all manner of social media blaming Boris etc etc on totally party affiliation lines and, even on here, it is obvious to me after reading the Brexit threads for 3+ years for that most of the criticism here and elsewhere seem to be more anti Boris related given that some will criticise everything he does
Spot on ??

D

Deleted member 16999

Then you need to ignore them, unfortunately people would do that regardless of political allegiance when the opposition is in power.

I personally believe the Government have been great in their handling of this crisis and very much doubt anyone would of done better.

That still doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be asked questions and held accountable, they are also learning as they go along, this is totally unprecedented.

The idea of blind loyalty is ridiculous though, I thought history had taught us that is not the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.