Considering how addicted we are to this..............

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm on facebook and have a page (as yet un-decorated) at myspace.
t.b.h. f'book is a load of tosh for sad wannabe "socialites". I'm there because when anyone wants to contact me or let me know about a proper social event, I get an email to my work. I don't visit the site other than to read messages.
myspace is a must for anyone invloved in music....I will be looking into "what to do with it" once I have time. I suspect I will post some audio tracks and information about my gigs too!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a facebook acount and not ashamed to admit it. I hate all the applications and dont use any except poker that I play with the lads every now and then.

I think its an excellent way of keeping in touch with the would be long lost forgottens.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm with you Tony most of my old uni/college friends are spread across the country and abroad so it's a great way of contacting them.

I don't have anybody as a friend who isn't already a friend in real life!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I visited facebook after being encouraged by family members.

I can see its benefit but the trouble is it is full of wanna Bs/idiots and dorks who post images of family friends and aquaintances Im sure they have permission??? NOT.
It also gets you inundated with e-mails and crap, can be invasive and suddeenly all those tossers you met in your life suddenly reappear as if they still think they are that best friend they never were lol.

I got out of there quick, I now look at my family members in a different light..naive pratts.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Blimey, it's not lethal or anything! As long as you turn off the pants-down security and make it vaguely secure, it's a perfectly sensible addition to(NB not replacement of!) the modern person's arsenal of communication tools.

Working in a Uni, it's almost compulsory to have one.

I do hate all those bloody applications though...

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm on facebook, my wife has put all my wedding pics on there, my stag do pics are on there aswell as a few nights out with pals. However my profile is only for my friends to see and I dont use Facebook to meet new people, just to keep in touch with friends and family.... you also get the funny pictures of your friends nights out.

I'm not ashamed of it, i actually think facebook is pretty decent other than the stupid wall messages you get....

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm on facebook, my wife has put all my wedding pics on there, my stag do pics are on there aswell as a few nights out with pals. However my profile is only for my friends to see and I dont use Facebook to meet new people, just to keep in touch with friends and family.... you also get the funny pictures of your friends nights out.

I'm not ashamed of it, i actually think facebook is pretty decent other than the stupid wall messages you get....

If I told you of ways to get into the so called secure friends and family access you might not think so secure.

I have even got into one by simply pretending. Its not secure at all really, its just a comfort zone with limited protection.