Consecutive 0.1s in a row?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I don't even want to look... I've had 3 or 4 small cuts since Oct '13, when I was off 4.1. I'm now off 8.0. That's 39 x 0.1. Many of those rounds didn't see me break 90. 2013 saw about 50 rounds played, of which only 3 were above 79. Even the Samaritans put me on hold now...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Four. Right at the beginning, I went from 24 to 24.4 in my first four tournaments I think. Started getting some cuts and buffers after that though, so I've been coming down slowly but steadily.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had 12 last year, climbed comfortably out of single figures. In my defense I was away a lot with work, I'd get back from the States on a Friday and tee it up Saturday not knowing what I was doing. Crammed in golf just to play competitively when I should have left it off. Lessons learned.

I think.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I don't even want to look... I've had 3 or 4 small cuts since Oct '13, when I was off 4.1. I'm now off 8.0. That's 39 x 0.1. Many of those rounds didn't see me break 90. 2013 saw about 50 rounds played, of which only 3 were above 79. Even the Samaritans put me on hold now...

...retribution for all the comments about the weather? Actually, we've all gone "ouch!"

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
7 0.1s in a row gets an automatic handicap review. Towards the end of the year I get quite a few players to review from this CONGU requirement. Even had one myself which got me a one shot increase. Currently on 8 (8.7 to 9.5) but with the new guideline I cannot see the rest of the committee giving me another stroke.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Great thread and looking back I was really inconsistent through to Sept last year. early season 6 then won a MAJOR @ UCGC then struggled again for 8 rounds and had a top 3. then Since October I've had 1 only much improved and cut all winter :)

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
If you get 7 0.1’s in a row, you then get 1 full shot increase as well don’t you ?
I'm pretty sure that's a CONGU recommendation, and is not mandatory.
The HCP committee at my club chose not to implement it when it was introduced.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you get 7 0.1’s in a row, you then get 1 full shot increase as well don’t you ?

Not if you start at x.5 to x.7 where x is any number

The 7 in a row gets you a review is does not necessarily get you an increase. There is a flow chart to follow and basically if you have buffered during the current handicap year or played to or under handicap in the preceding 12 months then there is no increase given.