Competition Results- How long

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi All,
Just wanted to get a general feel (and I expect I know most answers) on how long you have to wait for you competition results at your club? Our stableford for example over Saturday and Sunday last weekend still hasn’t had results published. It’s pretty frustrating and quite poor I think, even more so if you’ve had a good round.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our Saturday result will not be published until sometime late Monday earliest. The office staff do not work on a Sunday and probably have other priorities first thing on a Monday morning, and that is also if there are no problems with the cards. I have known them take several days due to problems such as cards not being returned by players.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
When comps were organised and drawn as a block the scores would be processed by a committee member that same day and the results published the same day.

since we have been running comps where players can book in at any time of the day then the comp is only finalised and results published the following day.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If it is a volunteer doing the comps then have some patience or offer to help.

If someone is paid to do it them Monday or Tuesday at the latest would be acceptable to me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Most of the time it is on the same day as the comp, around 7 or 8pm. Occasionally the following day but no later.

We don't have a big membership so that may explain the speed of results coming through.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
All our scores are entered via the Ig app so you more or less knew how you were doing as soon as you finished. What you didn’t know was how you had gone on in your division. I finished joint third Tuesday. I knew that Tuesday night. I knew this morning I had a cut of 0.3. But the results on the site were not known til 4 pm ish

benjo09

Visit site
We enter on the IG app as well and results are usually out the same evening as the comp finishes (unless the app breaks which it has in the past) with handicaps updated overnight.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A couple of days at the most, a lot of the time the next day and sometimes the same day. We are very lucky we have several people who can process comp results.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the things we can do with our PSI screens is show the leader board on the day of the comp so you get some idea of where you stand and if you entered your score via the IG app you can do the same.