• May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • June

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Thought I'd do a bit of research. We are currently organising our Captain's day (we do a joint Captain's day due to having a small ladies membership) and thought this year we might do something different with regards to prizes, in the past we have always done trophies for the Captain's day winners. I have secured some sponsorship for prizes, we have got 2 Rotary watches (1 men's and 1 ladies) which have been donated from a local jewellers (value £350), 1st prizes, I thought. A round for a fourball at the Oxfordshire, A Srixon Wedge, A weekend away for 2 includes 2 rounds at the Ashby hotel, devon and a few other smaller prizes.
What do people think and what would you prefer to recieve?

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Equipment - not needed unless you can specifically choose or swap. Medals gather dust. High street vouchers - Hmmm, refer to above point I think.

Nice ideas to have alternative prizes like the watches, but I'd still prefer cash.

John (AkA Shylock)

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
For the winner, definitly a trophey or medal, and a golf related prize of some sort.

Maybe the winner should get money and a medal and a runner up get ta golf prize like a wedge.

D

Deleted member 1147

Golf equipment which can be exchanged at the pro shop for credit or whatever you want up to that value!

..........and a trophy, with your name, on it passed from champ to champ each year!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trophy for me, £ is gone in a second a trophy will give the person a constant reminder and really mean something to them.

Red_Eyes

Medal Winner
Visit site
Never been in the situation where it will apply. however, daughter is reasonably good at judo. She always like as medal and a certificate. The medal because of the presentation and the stickyfoot becasue she keeps them in a folder and can sit down and re-live past victories.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love tropheys because you can display them at home in a cabinet, on a shelf, in a window, anywhere. I have about 30 from football and there is nothing better than reading 'Player of the year' under your name or maybe 'stableford winner'

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Having just taken part in our companies organised industry golf day where everyone gets a prize, donated by all that take part. The winners get trophies / medals. However I got given a chavvy rugby shirt that I marked up at a sale price 2 years ago!! Talk about tight.

However if I ever get to be in the choclates, I'd like a trophy.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi barb
Great prizes - Can I enter ;)
Bit of a hobby horse of mine as we have collected a collection of tatty trophies which are a pain to store after the flush of victory has worn off.
REalise not all clubs have tatty trophies, and it's nice to have some kind of record, but think something useful - money or voucher,- maybe with cert to go with it - is better than a bit of old tin, unless it's a really prestigious trophy (in which case keep in club with your name engraved on it).

AliB

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Definitely the trophy. In some cases it means that your name is on it for good. Something to be proud of when you're in your dotage. I'd love Barb to present me with a prize, shake my hand and peck me on the cheek.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you have to have a trophy for the winner, it wouldn't be the same otherwise. As for the other prizes I like the idea of golf vouchers for the pro shop as then you can buy a piece of equipment that you want instead of being given something you don't require, and also this keeps the money in the club so would be more attractive for the organisers.