Compact Electric Trolley

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
After years of pushing, and having hit the big six-zero (age, not score ;)), I'm thinking of finally giving in and getting an electric trolley. But I want one that folds up as small as possible. Two obvious candidates are the Motocaddy M1 Pro and the Powacaddy C2. But are there any other less well-known makes I should be considering?

EDIT: browsing around I see something called the QOD Digital Lithium trolley. Looks to fold up very small, but have never heard of them. Any experience?

Last edited:

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a Powakaddy C2 - fantastic bit of kit. So easy to use, and folds up small indeed for an electric trolley.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Motocaddy M series folds up fairly small
Used to have a Go-Kart and that too folded up pretty small
My wife has a GoKart and loves it (and I have to admit their after sales service is fantastic), but when folded I think it's an awkward shape, so I'm not considering one of those.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i have had the motocaddy m1 and now have thepowercaddy c2. The c2 is better as its only a couple of steps to fold, whereas the motocaddy has 5 Also the c2 is is much easier to clean if it gets muddy at your course.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
i have had the motocaddy m1 and now have thepowercaddy c2. The c2 is better as its only a couple of steps to fold, whereas the motocaddy has 5 Also the c2 is is much easier to clean if it gets muddy at your course.

My Motocaddy has one clip that I undo and fold.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Go Kart. Small enough to fit easily in a Fiesta boot. It won't win any prizes for looks but it's sturdy and functional and there customer service/after sales is legendary on here. They are really good

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Go Kart. Small enough to fit easily in a Fiesta boot. It won't win any prizes for looks but it's sturdy and functional and there customer service/after sales is legendary on here. They are really good
I know all about GoKarts. My wife has had one for years. I agree the customer service is amazing.
But for reasons I've already stated, I'm not interested in one.
(Incidentally, I used to have a Fiesta, and IMHO once a GoKart is in the boot, you wouldn't get a cart bag in with it!)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I know all about GoKarts. My wife has had one for years. I agree the customer service is amazing.
But for reasons I've already stated, I'm not interested in one.
(Incidentally, I used to have a Fiesta, and IMHO once a GoKart is in the boot, you wouldn't get a cart bag in with it!)

I manage to get my GK and a cart bag into the boot (although I have to take the driver out, but I have to do that whether the trolly is in or not). Out of interest why do you think it's an awkward shape? I know it'll never win any prizes for looks but really is a reliable trolly. Hope you find something that suits

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Out of interest why do you think it's an awkward shape?
When it's folded up, the axle is across the centre rather than at one end. Which means that it just doesn't sit in the boot in any orientation that is convenient. It's too long and wide to be able to put it on its side or end, and even with the wheels removed it has bits poking out in places that mean you can't just lie it down so that it doesn't consume a lot of boot space.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a Fiesta, a Gokart and a cart bag and it all goes into the boot with the back seats folded down.
Acres of space. In fact it also takes my sons carry bag and his 3 wheeled push trolley!

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a Fiesta, a Gokart and a cart bag and it all goes into the boot with the back seats folded down.
OK, if you're happy to fold down the back seats, fair enough. I prefer not to have to do that.
I want my car to be a car, and also to be able toss my golf gear in it without reconfiguring things.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Motocaddy M1 :thup:

I changed to a smaller second car a couple of years back with a smaller boot than a fiesta and bought one of these due to the size when folded down, although it's "5 steps" it takes about 3 seconds from start to finish. Highly recommend it, gets a lot of use and the extended battery still does 45 holes or so on one charge and charges like a mobile phone, really quick.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
With the new deals being offered by both Powakaddy and Motacaddy now is definitely the time to buy especially if you source a great price from your favourite independent North Eastern retailer/pro shop. Mrs Drewster has suggested I might like a new trolley for Christmas and i'm looking at the C2 as my preferred choice especially as it can be purchased for sub £490 !!!

D

Deleted member 1147

I don't know about how small they fold up etc but I believe Powercaddy are doing an offer until Xmas, buy a lithium trolley get a free cart bag.

PCWOX

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can't praise the Powakaddy C2 highly enough if you want a top electric trolley that folds down small and is set up within 2/3 clicks.