Cobra F6 Driver

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyone used one or tried one out?

Going to take a visit to AG today to try and make use of the Double Trade In before it runs out.

After a new driver but unsure what I fancy, I really liked the Fly-Z and the F6 has a similar look and feel to it, anyone got any experience with it?

Qbduncan

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yes tried it when I went down to Golf Principles and really liked it. Not sure if that was because the shaft was perfect but I'm keen to pick one up.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone used one or tried one out?

Going to take a visit to AG today to try and make use of the Double Trade In before it runs out.

After a new driver but unsure what I fancy, I really liked the Fly-Z and the F6 has a similar look and feel to it, anyone got any experience with it?

I replaced my fly z with one of these earlier in the year.
Just as forgiving and being able to move the weight forward helped me get the ball flight I was after.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Am 3 to 4 months in to using mine, albeit haven't played for the last 8 or so, but.... it's great. I upgraded from an S3, initially wanted a Fly Z but following advice from here tried a few others as well. I've found course performance has outstripped what I was experiencing in the shop so that's good. I was after more roll, not necessarily distance, but I got both after playing with the settings.

I've left the 3g weight off altogether - it affects the appearance, but I can live with that.

To be fair though, it's the additional distance that has made a big difference - our 440yd par 4 is now reachable in 2 whereas before I could reach it with a cracking drive to reach a ridge and super 3 wood of a sloping lie. Now my second shot is always an iron.

I don't think the 'sound' is brilliant, but the performance is super.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Am 3 to 4 months in to using mine, albeit haven't played for the last 8 or so, but.... it's great. I upgraded from an S3, initially wanted a Fly Z but following advice from here tried a few others as well. I've found course performance has outstripped what I was experiencing in the shop so that's good. I was after more roll, not necessarily distance, but I got both after playing with the settings.

I've left the 3g weight off altogether - it affects the appearance, but I can live with that.

To be fair though, it's the additional distance that has made a big difference - our 440yd par 4 is now reachable in 2 whereas before I could reach it with a cracking drive to reach a ridge and super 3 wood of a sloping lie. Now my second shot is always an iron.

I don't think the 'sound' is brilliant, but the performance is super.

Thanks mate, going on my lunch break in 30 mins or so. Going to have a play around with what they have in the shop.

Want to have a hit with an M2 also and going to try the Callaway XR16 I think.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Purchased a Cobra F6 Driver :thup:

Tried that, The M2 and XR16.

M2 & Cobra were really closely matched in terms of performance, I was carrying them both around the same and same shape. The Cobra just suited my eye (and price range) a bit more!

The XR16 just wasn't for me, was losing around 20 yards carry and ball flight was really low.

Get to pick up my Cobra tomorrow!

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bought one about a month ago to replace a Callaway XR (trade in).

Goes longer and more importantly straighter for me set at 10.5 with the weight in the forward "penetrating" setting.

The (regular) shaft is about an inch shorter than the Callaway which I think is a big help.

Best driver I have had and Santa will be delivering the F6 3 wood shortly 🎅

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bought one about a month ago to replace a Callaway XR (trade in).

Goes longer and more importantly straighter for me set at 10.5 with the weight in the forward "penetrating" setting.

The (regular) shaft is about an inch shorter than the Callaway which I think is a big help.

Best driver I have had and Santa will be delivering the F6 3 wood shortly 

Nice mate!
Really looking forward to picking it up tomorrow...
My dispersion seemed great and carrying it around 260 consistently and hitting it straight.

Let me know how the fairway wood goes cause i'm after a 5 wood so I may consider matching it to the driver.

SAPCOR1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice mate!
Really looking forward to picking it up tomorrow...
My dispersion seemed great and carrying it around 260 consistently and hitting it straight.

Let me know how the fairway wood goes cause i'm after a 5 wood so I may consider matching it to the driver.

Got the 3 wood off eBay in Blue, which is rather nice, for £89 brand new. Also got my eye on a 5 wood and a hybrid

I'm sure you will enjoy your driver!

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just got rid of the driver and 3 wood for an XR16 driver and 3 wood, lost a load of distance with both even on solid struck shots,maybe just me but prefer the look of the XR16, the 3 wood is superb its a club i struggle to hit but i had it out this afternoon for hit and its superb even in really windy conditions like it is here just now

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just got rid of the driver and 3 wood for an XR16 driver and 3 wood, lost a load of distance with both even on solid struck shots,maybe just me but prefer the look of the XR16, the 3 wood is superb its a club i struggle to hit but i had it out this afternoon for hit and its superb even in really windy conditions like it is here just now
My yardage (on the machine) definitely improved but not hugely.
I was after something a bit more forgiving and the F6 feels like it is.

The XR16 just doesn't do anything for me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn't you get it on trade in? You swapped one or two clubs for that one, just like bartering. Don't worry about price, it was an exchange 😀