C'mon Poults!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Not normally a fan - except for Ryder Cup!

But after last week's 'misunderstanding', I'm rooting for him to win Houston and then do well at Augusta!

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He got to keep it going tomorrow. He has a tendency to blow up in the final round when in with a chance. Liable to throw in the odd Sherman

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Got £5 e/w (free bet) on him @ 70/1.

After last year where he thought that he'd lost his card, only for a miscalculation meant that he kept it.
Last week they mistakenly thought he'd made the masters and now needs to win in Houston to qualify.
I reckon he's going to do it....
He'd better do it, or at the very least finish in the top 8.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
so impressed with Poults and his attitude to be honest

screwed over last year with all that rubbish about "not" getting his card.. when he did

now screwed over by some official telling him he in the masters , then telling him oh wait your not (just before he teed off.. why not wait? he might have made it)

goes into this weekend having to win to make the masters
round 1.. +1.. miles off the lead... ready to pack and go home
round 2 an impressive -8 .. puts himself in contention
moving day round 3... -7 again to go in clubhouse leader and end up joint leader going into round 4

if he doesnt win it will be massive loss for the masters considering his desire to get there .. but either way he has showed just how good he actually still is.

COME ON POULTS

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i have £10 on him at 70/1. i thought he'd be worth a chuck when i heard he has to do well do make the masters. also had £5 on Thomas peters. looks like that one is dead

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Special invite, probably because he's won a couple of recent tournaments and The Masters wants to get the Indian subcontinent watching..
It is after all, an invitation only event and they can invite whoever they like.

D

Deleted member 15344

And that’s why it shouldn’t be a major - that and the tradition of past winners playing

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
If the masters shouldn’t be a major then none of them should

Best event bar the open. Beautiful course and full of history

How Golf should be enjoyed

The Open 1860
US Open 1895
US PGA 1916
US Masters 1934

Nowhere close in standing to the other 3; smallest effective field and an invitational to boot. It might make dramatic TV viewing but it should not be a Major.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
And that’s why it shouldn’t be a major - that and the tradition of past winners playing

Have to agree with this.
As much as it is a great spectacle and I love watching it, I just cant see how its a major tbh when its invite only.

Really hope Poulter makes it there too.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have to agree with this.
As much as it is a great spectacle and I love watching it, I just cant see how its a major tbh when its invite only.

Really hope Poulter makes it there too.

It’s not invite only tho. You qualify for it.. Top 50 go and if you finish Top 12 last year and so on you get in

Best system

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Danny Willet will be pulling trees this year 😂

That’s why it’s so good. If willet gave up Golf now he could play it for life and we could get some nostalgia watching him

Same if woods got so badly injured he retired he could go back and just play the masters

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
That’s why it’s so good. If willet gave up Golf now he could play it for life and we could get some nostalgia watching him

Same if woods got so badly injured he retired he could go back and just play the masters

You shouldn’t be entered if you can’t compete though, that’s my take on it anyway.