Clubs for a newbie

JonnyBoy

Visit site
Hey all. New to the site. Looks like I'll get plenty of info from having a quick browse through it.

I'm relatively new to he world of golf. My friend gave me his old set to get going. They just a cheap set. I'm enjoying the game even though it can be very stressful at times lol

Looking to invest in a set of my own. Can anyone recommend a set to go for? Nothing stupidly expensive but still a good set that will help me progress.

Thanks!

robbest3offthetee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
JB, Welcome to the forum, I have a great set of Ping Eye2 Irons, 3-Sw, Reg Steel Shafts, Golfpride Multi Compound Grips, Really good cond for age,Am looking for £120 for them, If your interested....

JonnyBoy

Visit site
Been looking through the forum. The Calloway x range seems to keep popping up as a good set for someone like myself. Seen a couple of people recommended the x18s. Would these be a good set or would any of the x range be a good choice? Thanks!

Essex_Stu

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All the x range callaways are good. The X18 are very good bats as are the x20's. The X22 are good but not quite as forgiving as the previous 2 mentioned. I think the latest ones are the razr x. Do not buy the Razr X Tours or Razr forged as they are better player clubs.