Club Fitting Net V Range

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

I've been thinking of changing my irons for a while now, and have plumped for Mizuno MP Series. Love the look and the feel of them.

I have had a couple of club fitting sessions, 1 in a net, and 2 at a driving range. My question is can the results vary greatly from hitting balls into a net and hitting at a range?

Hitting into a net, the results came out as R300 or KBS regular shafts with MP63 heads, but on the range ( 2 different ranges) the outcome was MP53 heads with Nippon Stiff shafts or S300 stepped shafts

I have bought the 63's with KBS shafts, and am now struggling with them. Is this just in my head, or do you swing slightly differently hitting into a net?

Many thanks, Peter

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
It might not be as wildly different as it appears. The 53 and 63 are both nice heads and I am not sure there is a massive difference in playability between them. KBS R and Nippon Pro Stiff probably play similarly, and a lot of players could move between R300 and S300ss without noticing a great deal of difference.

Now when you say you are struggling with the KBS, what do you mean? Are you hitting them badly or suffering from buyer's remorse and confusion of choice?

In any event, if you have been fitted by a reputable centre, go back and tell them what the issue is and they should try to rectify it. You could make changes which would firm up the KBS, for example.

peterlav

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Because I've hit the 53's a lot better on the range, with a much better flight with the nippon Stiff, I think I'm now in a vicious circle of not trusting the 63's, which is making me struggle more with them!!