Club Drone Video

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
First off, lots of trees. You have to be straight at your place.

With regards to the video, I had to have the sound down as we are busy at work. I can't comment on any soundtrack, talking etc.

I would like to see a breakdown so that I can click on the hole to view. The video is a flat 5 minutes and the holes are selected for me, they are not my choice. I would not sit through 5 minutes of drone that I can not control what it is going to show, obviously not literally control but you get what I mean. I would like to click, Hole 1, Hole 2 etc. I stopped after 3 minutes.

The actual drone work is fine by me.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Pretty bloody good apart from a slightly annoying voice over, not sure what your criticism would be, though bet it's not a recent vid looking at the colour of the fairways.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I never watched it all so good point about not sitting thru it all, ours is 30 seconds clips of each hole which will hold ones attention more.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Agree with the comments so far.

I did watch it the whole way through but found it quite hard to watch it all. The voiceover seems to be like it is from a childrens show or something.

Agree with the holes, they seem really randomly selected to me? I get that it is a taster for the course but it doesn't give much away about what the other holes are like. Shorter snips of more holes would be better imo.

Drone work seems good to me, the holes that are selected seem nice, especially the par 3.

D

Deleted member 1147

Too much time spent looking at the greens (just fly over, doesn't need to go around the back)

Looks a nice course

That par 3 (11th?) is a nice looking hole

I can see why you are so good at hitting fairways

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I never watched it all so good point about not sitting thru it all, ours is 30 seconds clips of each hole which will hold ones attention more.

That style works best for me.

We have done quite a bit of work on websites, videos etc recently for work. The geeks we spoke to gave us all sorts of stats about attention spans, how long you get to grab people etc, 5 seconds is the answer by the way. People want the information that THEY want and they want it in bite sized chunks. 30 seconds on each hole sounds perfect. The likelihood is they wont watch all 30 seconds, they will watch 15-20, see what they want and then go to the next hole. The key is to keep everything short and to the point.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I have one observation. What is the point of the piano noodling away in the background?
There seems to be some kind of modern dogma that every video must have accompanying music, but in this case it serves no purpose and gets pretty irritating.

(Nice looking course, though)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The voice over is horrendous imho so dated but then may appeal to some of the target market. Also not convinced the holes selected really represent the rest of the course that well, 3 of the 5 holes? shown are long holes, the majority of the course not shown is short par 4s and par 3s, think a better balance could have been picked

For those who havent played it, its tighter in real life than the drone makes it look too lol

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Is the voice over computer generated? The inflections seemed a bit odd.

This. Seems a bit... stilted?

11th looks good

Agree that I'd like to select which hole to view and would use this to prepare for any round there

To take it to the next level it'd be neat to highlight the landing zones the voiceover is referring too as it seems a bit vague (probably would cost a bit though for the geek wizardry)

Drone footage is pretty good

D

Deleted member 15344

Well most have echoed my thoughts

I first thought it was just a preview and that they were going to do every hole - nope that’s the promotional video that is going on the website

My thoughts- is boring as hell , the guys voice makes you want to switch off - it doesn’t scream “come and play here” - the holes they picked are.nice but then why add the yardage’s onto them and why labour over them and then why go on about a balcony ?!?

For me it’s a video that makes people switch off - did say it was horrific to our pro but it was sort of dismissed

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think horrific is harsh but it does not sell the club as well as it could or is intentioned. If they are going to do it then do it right. Most people viewing will check out after the 2nd hole on show I reckon.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't think many people would be interested in watching a full 18 holes. Drone videos work well to supplement promo vids which outline all of the features of the club. Think we did a good job at my last club:

[video=youtube;oDmCJjgXEUI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDmCJjgXEUI[/video]

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't think many people would be interested in watching a full 18 holes. Drone videos work well to supplement promo vids which outline all of the features of the club. Think we did a good job at my last club:

Now that IS pretty good - sells it well and makes you want to visit 👍

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does the word "drone" in the title refer to the voice over? Good video but for me the audio, including the repetitive music was a complete turn off.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I actually think it’s good! might be an age thing!
it tells you what you need to know about the featured holes.
11 and 18 look great holes and nice clubhouse.
its a pity it’s not all 18.
But it’s supposed to be a taster so you will go and see for yourself
on a video like this it’s difficult to get right as you are talking to everyone not just golfers.
Piano is offputting. Birdsong maybe instead.
But voiceover has a feel of Shells wonderful world of golf about it.!,
Looks a great course but you need to be straight off the tee.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I had the pleasure of playing here a while ago and it was as good if not better than Gleneagles.
Members were great to me as well.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
After holing out on the 18th green you can look forward to a glass of wine on the balcony.. mixing it amongst all the pensioners and blue rinsers. :mad:
The voice over and that section towards the end reeks of old person golf and not at all welcoming to those of us younger folk.
Course looks pretty good though, plenty of irons off the tees.