Club cleaning

Pontecarlo

Visit site
greetings all , first post here so be gentle with me
i have just got back into the game after a few years off and as i have my own business and looking for other ideas i have set up a business cleaning golf clubs and equipment
basics are
a trailer and reception gazebo parked up in or near to club car park , self contained cleaning equipment inside to clean clubs, bags,shoes and trolleys after players have completed their rounds
couple of questions
how many times (if any) would you use this service
how much would you pay for the various services outlined
have you used similar in the past and what was your impression of it

thanks very much to anyone who takes the time to reply

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Pontecarlo,
I am not sure what courses in England offer their members and visitors by way of cleaning facilities but up here North of the border there are plenty of courses offering the Air-Eze hose to clean shoes trolley's and clubs. I find it hard enough getting my mates to buy a round let alone pay to get there clubs cleaned.

Seriously; I would pay £5 for my clubs, shoes and trolley to be cleaned so if you are ever up here in Motherwell, let me know.

Andy

Pontecarlo

Visit site
very few complete service , but some have the airline for shoes im looking more at the full spotless spring clean type service

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used to do my mates clubs using 1400 wet and dry paper and charged them £15 per set of irons. The wet and dry got rid of small scuffs and scratches and made them shine like a new penny.

Pontecarlo

Visit site
hmm - i can just imagine the looks i would receive if i was to attack somebodys brand new callaways with a bit of sandpaper
i was think maybe couple of quid for a trolley , same for a bag maybe £3/4 for shoes washed and polished and £5-10 for the clubs depending on quantity and condition
all to be done after round when owner in the 19th , maybe even a electric trolley battery re charge

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wet and dry 1400 is the finest paper you can use and brings dull tired clubs up to a fine shine. You could do 9 irons in 20 minutes and it could be an additional service you provide. Like a club M.O.T.

Pontecarlo

Visit site
ok madandra - sorry if i seemed flippant just the thought of sandpaper made me cringe , thanks for the advice i will try it (my own first)

The_Golfer

Club Champion
Visit site
Not sure if I would pay £s having my clubs cleaned, not regularly anyway. I remember seeing a franchise club cleaning company not so long ago, advertising in the classified section of a golf magazine, sorry forgot the name. Anyhow, the outlay was some £15k and you get a machine that cleans clubs in minutes; the idea is also to sell advertising space on the sides etc; recommended price was approx £5.00 a go. If you do go in this line of business make sure you have adequate liability insurance, not suggesting your work wouldn't be good, but any accidents could be costly.. Also there are the dodgy players who would blame you for damage that is already there in the hope of claiming for new/free gear!!! Sad old world but it is true! Good luck with whatever you choose….

Pontecarlo

Visit site
thanks danny - i havent yet set a price , the intention is to visit courses on a monthly basis so i need a group of 20 or so courses , that way people hopefully would be tempted to a clean maybe once/twice a year which would be great , i agree about the insurance thing and looking at the moment , i reckon 1K liability should suffice
i have seen the franchise thing , frankly its a bit expensive for a buy in and also i arent 100% sure of its cleaning claims
basically im looking to b a more of a personal touch with anything cleaned from the full works every year to a monthly shoe clean (i hate doing mine)
also whilst we are at it , could anyone suggest any add on business to be run at the side of this , obviously the pro shops would stop me selling equipment , the clubs wouldent allow me to sell refreshments buyt i thought about maybe a seperate company selling golfing holidays (done a lot of sporting hols in the past)

again all thoughts much appreciated