Club championships , what's the score

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It doesn't state what the eligibility criteria, how many rounds, is for the big comps or what green fee you would need to pay to enter the club champs. Do you know those anecdotally or are they tbc?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It doesn't state what the eligibility criteria, how many rounds, is for the big comps or what green fee you would need to pay to enter the club champs. Do you know those anecdotally or are they tbc?

Don't know of how many rounds tbh, will keep an eye out. Doesn't concern me I'm well over 20

However the green fee will be interesting

£60 is the visitor fee I've noticed but only got tee times after 11 unsure if it's more before. Also I think could be winter prices as was £75 at one point

Guests at weekend is £55 before 2, £50 after 2 £45 after 5

Wouldn't be surprised if it's offered for £50

AAC

Visit site
Don't know of how many rounds tbh, will keep an eye out. Doesn't concern me I'm well over 20

However the green fee will be interesting

£60 is the visitor fee I've noticed but only got tee times after 11 unsure if it's more before. Also I think could be winter prices as was £75 at one point

Guests at weekend is £55 before 2, £50 after 2 £45 after 5

Wouldn't be surprised if it's offered for £50

Does your club not have a rate for 5 day members playing at the weekend, if it does I should have thought that would be a fair rate for the entry fee ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does your club not have a rate for 5 day members playing at the weekend, if it does I should have thought that would be a fair rate for the entry fee ?

Last year the booking system let me book weekends for £50.. now they are blanked out I can't book , I assume I have to call

When I joined it was a flat no entry to club championship for 5 day members

Now I think will be this

Say it's £50 , that's £100 for the one comp

Think it's £20 more to be 7 day member

Almost worth upgrading to get all comps

But my friend was kicking up a fuss about the club champ so they have listened

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have to say that if I was a 5 day member and had to pay upwards of 50 quid to play in the club Championship I simply wouldn't bother.....

Reactions: AAC

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I think the guest price seems quite high as well to be fair. I don't think I've paid over £30 before to play as the guest of a member before and thats been at some decent courses where green fees are normally £70+.

Reactions: AAC

AAC

Visit site
I think the guest price seems quite high as well to be fair. I don't think I've paid over £30 before to play as the guest of a member before and thats been at some decent courses where green fees are normally £70+.

Agreed, I think 5 day members pay £20 on my course at the weekend (not am sunday)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have to say that if I was a 5 day member and had to pay upwards of 50 quid to play in the club Championship I simply wouldn't bother.....

Will see what they come up with

Guest rates imo are too high but still we get lots of guests

However if they come back with £20-30 that would seem fair I guess