Clothes - do you follow fashion?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

I've never been one to follow trends, I wear what I like and if that happens to be in fashion (which it rarely is) then so be it .

I work in finance in London, at the moment the thing appears to be..... Body warmer, trousers 2-3 inches too short for you, bright coloured socks and pinky rings.

I've watched one of the lads in my team slowly morph into following all of these trends, I just don't get it. Why dont you just buy trousers the right length? Why does the waist band need to sit below your buttocks? Why do people need to see you're wearing " crazy" socks? And why oh why a pinky ring?

It all smacks of desperation to fit it with an image, I just don't get it.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
45 years ago, yes. Now, I wouldn't have a clue what the current fashions are. And at 60+ it would just look a little silly.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hight of fashion me, even at 66. Flares, flower power large collar shirt, multi colour tank top, platform shoes, curly Kevin Keegan perm - I look a picture 😣

Wolf

Visit site
Shorter length trousers I don't get, especially with the socks on show. I don't get the fascination with having your jeans halfway down your arse and your underwear on show. Skinny fit jeans make most men look like they have string for legs. I tried to try a pair on once at the request of my oldest daughter, couldn't get my calves in them let alone get them past my quads..

I like simple classic styles that are timeless, other than that I'll never be down with the kids and the latest fashions.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
You'd only have to take one look at me to know that the answer is a categorically, unequivocally....maybe..or not...no. not at all..

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
nFJBkSG.jpg

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
SpongeBob, those pinky rings.

I think Ann summers sell them, gonna go and get measured tomorrow for one. 👍

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In all honesty, I loved the eighties, fashion seemed to follow the music. New romance, put Tash down in that category.
But today am not to sure there are " fashions" unless growing an oversize beard and looking like a Victorian chimney sweep counts. Ie waistcoat, flat cap.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Hight of fashion me, even at 66. Flares, flower power large collar shirt, multi colour tank top, platform shoes, curly Kevin Keegan perm - I look a picture 😣
I'm trying to work out where your curly perm is :eek:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not particularly. If I'm buying clothes for myself I just get something that's practical, decently priced and doesn't look ridiculous. A lot of the time my wife just buys me clothes anyway like shirts and jeans, and I generally like everything she picks. My parents also buy me shirts for birthdays and christmas, but often they are horrendous and I just hide them away and never wear them.

I think the extent of me 'following fashion' is that a decade ago I used to wear large t-shirts as baggy was more in fashion, now I tend to buy mediums. Although I actually have plenty of clothes that I've owned for nearly a decade and still wear as there's nothing wrong with them to throw them out (mainly band name t-shirts and sports clothes for football/gym).

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My fashion is determined by whatever my family might buy me from M&S.
Similar for me in that if Fat Face and White Stuff become fashionable then so do I. However, it has not happened so far thankfully. I like to think of my choices as timeless :D, ie never in or out of fashion.

Wearing fashion must be expensive as you have to keep changing your clothes as fashions change. I can't be bothered with that, never could.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
A fashion thread on a forum mostly populated my middle aged to elderly male golfers. Nice one ;) I look forwards to Gok Wans blog on how to play a low stinger into the wind.