Clothes - do you follow fashion?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not unless £8 jeans/shorts from George at Asda and 2 for £12 polo shirts from Sports Direct come in to fashion. Until then I've got better things to spend my money on.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I don’t follow “fashion”. Tight short trousers and bare footed loafers are not for me.
My brother swings the other way and that’s how he dresses.
I just wear branded names like boss, Ralph, Gant.

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I follow fashion, but only for the entertainment factor; never ceases to amaze me what some people will spend good money on in the name of fashion.

Actually, the same fella that inspired the post has open said he's spent over £100 on a jumper and £80ish on a shirt..... I don't know, to me it's just not important...... Exactly as Colchester said, I'm happy shopping in Asda and Sainsbury's, there is only so sexy I can look in clothes.

JGolfer

Visit site
I'm in my 20s and couldn't really care less for fashion trends. If I like a top I buy 3 of the same top, same for everything else. My wardrobe is pretty straight forward.

It's hard to find nice pair of tapered jeans though. Always skinny or super skinny or half the leg missing ???

My money goes on watches and golf.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have several pairs of two-tone loon pants that still have a few years left in them and together with my panda-collar shirts and purple velvet jacket then I can see no need to become any more 'with it' than that.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hell no Tash!!🙀

The ONLY music with style in the 80s was two-tone!...A nice pair of Green/gold trousers, a smart button down shirt and finished off with a pair of brogues 😎
Actually the trousers were a little short to flash off the bright white socks so maybe fashion hasn’t moved on much in 35 years! 😮
I was a new romantic....for 6 weeks. Fed up of getting into aggro on the tube home every weekend until I ended it up in a fight (and came second) and I went straight home and got into 2-tone and all the clothing including tonic suits and the button down shirts.

D

Deleted Member 1156

A fashion thread on a forum mostly populated my middle aged to elderly male golfers. Nice one ;) I look forwards to Gok Wans blog on how to play a low stinger into the wind.
Come 31st December, I think this should be a contender for post of the year :ROFLMAO:

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
I've never been one to follow trends, I wear what I like and if that happens to be in fashion (which it rarely is) then so be it .

I work in finance in London, at the moment the thing appears to be..... Body warmer, trousers 2-3 inches too short for you, bright coloured socks and pinky rings.

I've watched one of the lads in my team slowly morph into following all of these trends, I just don't get it. Why dont you just buy trousers the right length? Why does the waist band need to sit below your buttocks? Why do people need to see you're wearing " crazy" socks? And why oh why a pinky ring?

It all smacks of desperation to fit it with an image, I just don't get it.

You must have walked past a dozen of my colleagues then. Liverpool Street. Broadgate circle.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I get told off by my 3 girls if I decide to wear tracksuit bottoms, trainers and a polo shirt when I go out as I look scruffy..... so I go out looking scruffy!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
1981-85 terrace fashion or similar (updated) stuff in the main.

Still got some classic stuff,mainly bought in the last 10 years (due to everyone then being a medium and nowadays an XXL) such as Ivan Lendl tracky tops, Patrick cagoule, Benetton rugby top, Fila and ellesse polos. Bought Bjorn Borg elite Kangaroo skin diadora trainees for £120.00 a few years ago and recently bought a pair of Adidas Spezial that are very close in looks to the original Adidas "Columbia" - will only wear them in summer, about once very 2-3 months, which were £140.00.

Nowadays a similar style, but mainly Paul and Shark, Adidas, File, Ellesse and Lacoste with a nice pair of Lois needle cords and a pair of Timberland boots for the match, Lacoste Harrington if its a bit cold.

Cant stand North face, Stone Island or CP company - great if you wanna look like a welder's apprentice. Never, ever tie a jumper over your shoulders or go for the jeans/suit jacket combo.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Would love to see members criticizing other fashions to post a fit picture up. They seem to be in the know, and I would love some inspiration. ;)

Wear the whatever the hell you want, be it skin tight or bootcuts. Really doesn't matter to me.
I think I have two pictures remaining of me as a new romantic and they are staying firmly under lock and key. I should really burn them except one has a picture of a long since dead pal.