Clickgear 3.5+ or 8.0

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well still carrying at the moment but the knwlees are completely knackered from it. I hate trolleys in the winter and love the ease of being able to go wherever I like with a carry bag.

Iv had power trolleys and don't really want another. Did the clutches, batteries, motor, switches going faulty thing and I don't want to buy into that anymore.

I was given a clickgear 8.0 for my 40th last year by all my family and I love the thing. Ok it was as heavy as a motorized trolley but with none of the headaches associated with them and way easier to push.

Now 8 weeks ago we had a fire here at home that destroyed the whole of the upstairs of our home and my 8.0 was on top of the wardrobe and all the plastics melted on it over the heat Suffice to say it had to be binned.

Don't ask me how the clubs escaped as they were right underneath the trolley. Someone must have been looking down on them. ☺

So. Has anyone had a 3.5+. The 8.0 is very stable and never once did the wind turn it over. I've been on a buy and sell site here near me and there's a 3.5 up for grabs for 160 Euro. Might get it a bit cheaper.

The 8.0 was pretty nice to push also.

And29

Head Pro
Visit site
Well still carrying at the moment but the knwlees are completely knackered from it. I hate trolleys in the winter and love the ease of being able to go wherever I like with a carry bag.

Iv had power trolleys and don't really want another. Did the clutches, batteries, motor, switches going faulty thing and I don't want to buy into that anymore.

I was given a clickgear 8.0 for my 40th last year by all my family and I love the thing. Ok it was as heavy as a motorized trolley but with none of the headaches associated with them and way easier to push.

Now 8 weeks ago we had a fire here at home that destroyed the whole of the upstairs of our home and my 8.0 was on top of the wardrobe and all the plastics melted on it over the heat Suffice to say it had to be binned.

Don't ask me how the clubs escaped as they were right underneath the trolley. Someone must have been looking down on them. ☺

So. Has anyone had a 3.5+. The 8.0 is very stable and never once did the wind turn it over. I've been on a buy and sell site here near me and there's a 3.5 up for grabs for 160 Euro. Might get it a bit cheaper.

The 8.0 was pretty nice to push also.

iv got a Rovic and its hands down better than all my pp trollies stable well made 2 years still going strong

TeeItHigh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've the 3.5 only to de it when raining or extremely hot as I prefer to carry, I recommend it though the extra brolly holders superb, netting basket under the handle really useful and handle height adjustment is great. Very easy to fold and unfold too.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've the 3.5 only to de it when raining or extremely hot as I prefer to carry, I recommend it though the extra brolly holders superb, netting basket under the handle really useful and handle height adjustment is great. Very easy to fold and unfold too.

Just bought the 3.5+ used. Managed to get him down to €140 so it's not so bad. 😀

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have an 8.0... Its junk! Totally over engendered, heavy, takes up most of the boot and smashes the boot to bits if I am not careful, gets really hard to put up if I don't lubricate it regularly. However once its up and in use its great, stable, easy to push. If I had it all to do again I would get a 3.5+.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have an 8.0... Its junk! Totally over engendered, heavy, takes up most of the boot and smashes the boot to bits if I am not careful, gets really hard to put up if I don't lubricate it regularly. However once its up and in use its great, stable, easy to push. If I had it all to do again I would get a 3.5+.

Get a Volvo V70 Al. That's what I have . It swallows golf gear for fun... 😉

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Get a Volvo V70 Al. That's what I have . It swallows golf gear for fun... 😉

Rather have your handicap! Damn dude, you have knocked it down!

Back to the trolley, ye, its pulling it in and out of the car, its heavy though it is very good at holding a tour bag.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rather have your handicap! Damn dude, you have knocked it down!

Back to the trolley, ye, its pulling it in and out of the car, its heavy though it is very good at holding a tour bag.

There was a lot of ups and downs to get to that handicap pal. Nearly packed it in at one stage questioning whether or not I was good enough to get down.

Even now I still get periods of crap play. Fats and thins can creep in. I'm constantly watching for them.

Went through a period last season of 3 months with Shanks and got so fed up that I woke one morning and said right.
I'm gonna put the head down plough through it, go back to hitting a fade and within about a month I went from shooting in the mid 80's to shooting a 73 and a few 76's and all of a sudden I'm dropping from 7.9 to 5.7.
Haven't looked back since. Oh and the putting got a huge overhaul as well. 😉

Last edited: